So many candidates, so many open positions, and so many ways for your candidate management strategy to fall into disarray without the right organizational solutions.
If you’re reading this article, you’re likely looking for an Applicant Tracking System or are at least considering it. Whether you’re looking to scale big or maximize efficiency as a small business, there are several good reasons to want to adopt an ATS solution.
An ATS is a software that automates, simplifies, and streamlines time-consuming procedures in the recruiting process. As a database, your ATS is a useful tool that will allow you to track, manage, and communicate with candidates every step of the recruiting process.
Before we get into what to look for in an ATS, here are some of the major benefits of an ATS.
Benefits of a Good ATS
- Quality ATS softwares will allow you to manage and organize all of your candidates in a simple, easy-to-use platform. With so many openings, positions, and interviews in your upcoming schedule, an ATS will minimize the amount of manual searches you need to do in order to keep up with your candidates.
- A powerful ATS will allow you to universalize your search queries along several platforms. Simply search a single item in a candidate’s profile, like a name or birthday, and a list of individuals that fit the match will appear.
- A good ATS will be customizable. Rather than relying on specific apps or communication platforms, investing in a quality ATS will allow you to customize its features into your existing devices.
- ATS solutions will improve your candidate experience. Your candidates will get automated updates, and you will have easier channels of communication with them, ultimately lowering your time to respond.
- ATS platforms will simplify and streamline tedious steps in the recruiting process. Updates across platforms and changes to contact information can be automated holistically, and you’ll be able to import and export high volumes of candidates seamlessly.
ATS + CRM Applications
One of the biggest things to look for in your ATS is whether or not it’s compatible with or comes with a CRM. Similar to an ATS, a CRM is a database that allows you to communicate with, streamline, and manage your clients.
An advanced CRM comes with several of the same features–automation, communication pipelines, simplified platforms–that an ATS provides, but having both softwares will allow you to bring all your organizational needs into an all-in-one system.
The combined efficiency of a CRM+ATS will make scheduling interviews, managing the steps in the recruiting process, and evaluating the needs of both clients and candidates all the more easier.
ATS Automation and AI
In 2020, there’s one definite trend prevalent throughout the recruiting world, and it’s automation and AI applications.
An ATS without automation or AI features is bound to hold you back as more of the industry is moving that direction. Below are a few key things to look for in an AI-powered ATS.
- Resume Parsing: With the power of AI, you can rely on your software to intelligently parse through thousands of resumes while you focus on more human aspects of recruiting. AI will help eliminate bias, reach more potential candidates, and identify top talent more accurately than ever before.
- Automated Sourcing: Powerful recruiting software, like Loxo AI, will allow your systems to source hundreds of candidates, rank talent, and organize your results in just 24 hours.
- Smarter Tracking: Because your CRM and ATS will be joined into one location, tracking candidates through every step of the recruiting process will become easier and more efficient. Updates on job postings as well as candidate progress will be made in unison, providing you with relevant information on changes in job openings and availability.
- Automated Communications: Automated chat boxes and AI interview software are just a couple of ways that AI is helping recruiters communicate smarter and more efficiently. Additionally, candidates receiving automated responses will decrease response times and answer questions more efficiently.
There’s a lot to consider when choosing a reliable ATS software for your organization. With Loxo and Loxo AI, you’re guaranteed to have the #1 talent intelligence platform and global leader in AI recruitment software.
Maximize your ATS, simplify your workflows, and embrace the power of AI recruiting with Loxo today.