A relatively new term in talent acquisition, conversational recruiting has been trending over the past decade in the recruiting world.
Conversational recruiting refers to the engaging and attracting of candidates through one-on-one, real time messaging and communications. These are typically fluid conversations that can take place on social media, through texting, or via mobile apps.
With the help of AI, conversational recruiting is becoming easier to do and allowing recruiters to utilize a more intimate way of engaging with candidates and drawing in top talent.
Below is everything you need about how to get started with your conversational recruiting strategy.
Benefits of Conversational Recruiting
Before we get into the step to get your strategy started, we’re going to cover some of the main benefits that come with conversational recruiting.
- Easy to Integrate: Conversational recruiting strategies are easy to implement because you can utilize the data in your CRM, ATS, and talent pools to reach out to candidates. Unlike traditional recruiting strategies that rely on job postings to trickle in talent, you can actively utilize the tools already at your disposal to easily integrate conversational recruiting.
- Improve the Candidate Experience: By directly reaching out to and engaging with your candidates on a more human level, you can expect candidate experience to take a boost in your recruiting process. Because recruiters rely on branding and referrals, conversational recruiting practices should bolster your overall perception in the recruiting world.
- Predictive Capabilities: While experience, resumes, and on-paper qualifications are necessary in the recruiting process, there really isn’t a better way to predict employee performance than interviews and work samples, both of which can be assessed through a real-life conversation. Having these conversations at the beginning of the recruiting process will allow you to find top talent that may have otherwise slipped through the cracks.
- Appeal to Millennials and Gen Z Applicants: Young candidates entering the workforce live on their phones and through social media. By allocating resources to these platforms, rather than relying on only emails, you’re ensuring your that organization has the best opportunities to reach new talent entering the workforce
Strategies to Get Started with Conversational Recruiting
There isn’t a one and true approach to conversational recruiting. To build a robust conversational recruiting strategy, you have to utilize several tools and solutions collectively and cogently.
Here are a few steps to help you get started.
- Utilize Your Data: Like we stated above, you already have access to a large pool of active and passive candidates through your CRM and ATS. You can utilize these databases to review contact information and send personal, candidate-focused messages. If you’re going to send mass messages, make sure you have AI solutions to help personalize each response.
- AI ChatBots and Real-Time Responses: Top candidates want to feel like they matter as applicants. By initiating a real-time conversation strategy where recruiters reach out directly to candidates, you can show these applicants that they’re valued and sought after. While it might seem like a daunting task to keep up with each individual candidate and message box, AI chatbots are there to help alleviate some of the workload. Chatbots, although limited, are getting more human-like, natural, and intelligent in their ability to communicate effectively.
- Social Media Strategy: Having a presence on social media has to do with a lot more than simply posting jobs. To really connect with potential candidates, you have to initiate conversations with interesting posts, content, and information related to candidates’ interests. Post articles, write original blog posts, share videos, and actively engage with your community. Reply to comments, ask questions, and be open to conversations throughout various social media platforms.
- Text Recruiting Guidelines: Text recruiting conversations are great ways to connect with applicants after the initial application steps or after your candidates speak to chatbots. Providing a uniform guideline will ensure that your recruiters have some protocol to refer to. It can help your staff members be more considerate about how and when they text individuals, allowing them to maintain a good balance between professionalism and friendly interactions. Be sure to universalize the guideline so you can use it across teams and ensure consistency.
With Loxo’s state-of-the art AI solutions and CRM database, you have all the power of automation and data-driven decision making to start your conversational recruiting strategy today.
Loxo is an all-in-one recruiting solution that will help you strategize, engage candidates, and unearth top talent across the country. Try the Loxo demo today and see why Loxo is leading the way for recruiters all over the world.