A Search Director at Y Scouts is responsible for successfully executing senior-level retained search projects and originating business in a specific practice area. In full alignment with the Y Scouts Way, the Search Director is ultimately responsible for the Search success, including all communication with our clients and their representatives. The Search Director will dive deep into understanding the unique needs of each client and develop meaningful, insightful relationships with candidates in pursuit of the right fit.
Beyond their leadership in search execution, the Search Director will be responsible for the development of new business and accounts in their respective practice area/domain. The Search Director will also be responsible for the development of any direct reports (Search Specialist or Search Advisor) while completing "Rocks" (projects/initiatives) each quarter in support of larger company goals.
Similar titles: Senior Recruiter, Client Engagement Director, Client Strategist, Executive Recruiter, Managing Director, Practice Director
Success Outcome 1: Drive Results
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue goals by completing successful search projects and originating at least 2 new searches per year.
- Develop close, collaborative partnerships with each search client, resulting in positive client sentiment and eventual referrals based on your performance in the project.
- Produce and ensure top-quality candidates for each search, conducting discovery calls as needed and Deep Dive Interviews with Search Specialists/Advisors to determine alignment for the role under consideration.
- As a leader in our organization, develop and deliver a consistent pipeline of qualified leads for new search projects, resulting in 1 new client per quarter.
- Manage the offer and onboarding process with the client and candidate to ensure a seamless and pleasant experience for all parties.
- In partnership with your team, ensure the creation of all client-facing documents including Opportunity Profiles, Search Strategies, Candidate Presentations, and Client Updates. Specifically, ensure that all written materials are compelling, appropriate for an executive audience, and consistent with the Y Scouts Way.
Success Outcome 2: Learn Relentlessly
- In the first month, learn and commit to the Y Scouts Way which includes Y Scouts' unique approach to leadership search and the methodology therein.
- Become a SME in a practice area, educating yourself on the area, and continue to grow a professional network of that expertise in our target geographies.
- Learn the EOS Traction model used by Y Scouts to run the business and commit to working with Traction processes and best practices.
- Complete at least one personal or professional development project per quarter, track progress, and report learnings to the rest of the team.
- Act like an owner - work with the Head of Search to expose opportunities for increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Before each search, lead and craft the necessary research to demonstrate competence in the search, including competitive analysis and search strategy.
Success Outcome 3: Develop Others
- Live the Core Values of Y Scouts on a daily basis.
- Consistently recognize the activation of Core Values by others on the team.
- Provide timely, actionable, constructive feedback with care for the individual.
- Lead by example - hit all weekly objectives for the search team, holding yourself and team accountable to achieve 90% or more of weekly lead goals.
- Mentor the Search Advisor / Specialist, allowing them growth opportunities to engage with clients and providing ongoing coaching and feedback for skill development.
- Participate and contribute to the evolving culture of Y Scouts, including all the weird and fun traditions we have.