Status: Full-time, Part-time or Per Diem
Reports to: Deputy Director of Operations
Garnet Transport Medicine, a division of Garnet Health, is a dynamic and innovative multi- disciplinary healthcare delivery company specializing in emergency medical services, basic and advanced life support interfacility ambulance transport, clinical logistics coordination, and mobile diagnostic testing service lines. Garnet provides services to patients, clients, and partners in the Vermont and Upstate NY region.
Garnet has an exciting opportunity with immediate openings for Vaccine Admin to facilitate COVID-19 Vaccinations in an eﬀort to support public health and safety. Qualiﬁed candidates are encouraged to apply based on the job functions and requirements listed below.
We recognize there is a risk associated in working directly with potentially positive COVID-19 patients. Garnet will provide the necessary PPE to protect our Vaccine Admins and patients from exposures. We continually work to improve safety protocols for both staﬀ and patients during this rapidly changing environment, however recognition of this risk is required for employment.
· Working under the supervision of Corporate Medical Direction, the Vaccine Admin is responsible for the administration of vaccines via mobile and ﬁxed environments.
· Administrative tasks associated with this position include checking patients into our EMR system, generating orders, printing labels, customer service, and practice operations tasks. With the support of in oﬃce administrative staﬀ, the Vaccine Admin will complete the administration of vaccines including:
· Registration and check in of patients
· Administering COVID-19 Vaccinations
· Oﬃce duties relating to organization, documentation, cleaning, and other tasks as assigned
· Have customer relations experience.
· Must be a licensed EMT, AEMT, Paramedic, RN, or equivalent.
· Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record for the previous 3 years
· Must be able to pass a comprehensive criminal and regulatory background check, including Department of Health and Human Services OIG sanctions for fraud waste and abuse and Vermont Vulnerable Populations registry
· Must be able to work eight (8) and twelve (12) hour shifts
The Vaccine Admin reports directly to the Deputy Director of Operations and to the designated shift supervisor when applicable. The Vaccine Admin also works under the Garnet Corporate Medical Director and other rendering providers when facilitating patient facing activities or procedures
Freedom to Act/Accountability:
The Vaccine Admin has freedom to function independently within the deﬁned protocols and procedures established by Corporate Medical Direction, rendering providers, and Garnet leadership and is accountable to established regulatory standards and methodologies consistent with industry best practice. The Vaccine Admin has no supervisory responsibilities and does not manage any direct reports.
The Vaccine Admin will interact with rendering and referring providers, patients, family, and administrative staﬀ throughout their day. The Vaccine Admin will have regular contact during their shift with the general public, patients, their families, and healthcare representatives. The Vaccine Admin may provide functional guidance within their approved scope of practice to other team members when appropriate. It is expected that all employees will support the Garnet organizational mission statement and comport themselves with compassion, integrity, professional excellence, respect, stewardship, and community.
· High School Diploma or Equivalency (GED) required
· National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) - Credentialed at the EMT, AEMT, or Paramedic level
· Licensed Vermont EMT, AEMT, Paramedic, RN, or equivalent
· Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
· One (1)-Two (2) years of healthcare experience with direct patient care required
· Garnet reserves the right to request prospective candidates to provide documentation of their healthcare experience and clinical skills
· Experience with Emergency Medical Services, hospital inpatient, physician practice, clinical laboratory, urgent care, or other related ﬁeld required
· Experience with oﬃce equipment, electronic medical records software, phones, and internet-based video conferencing strongly preferred.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) EMS training and experience
· Medical Terminology
· Communicate eﬀectively
· Demonstrate clinical competence in basic patient assessment (identifying signs of acute distress)
· Practice and knowledge of Universal Precautions, isolation procedures, and appropriate infection control measures during routine specimen collection
· Ability to apply and safely remove Personal Protective Equipment (including full face respirator, surgical mask, N95 mask, isolation gown, and gloves) required
· Must be able to demonstrate competency in operating computer systems and clinical documentation systems.
· EMT, AEMT, Paramedic, RN, or equivalent
Conditions of Hire/Employment:
· Valid Vermont Driver’s License with clean driving record for previous 3 years
· Must be able to pass a comprehensive State and Federal background check including inquiries into multiple healthcare and human services agencies:
o VT Agency of Human Services Child Protection Registry
o VT Division of Licensing and Protection Adult Abuse Registry
o List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Oﬃce of the Inspector General (OIG) and the General Services Administration (GSA)
o VT and NY State Medicaid Fraud
o Ability to pass pre-employment tests appropriate to your clinical licensure to include:
o Medical terminology
· While performing the duties of this job, the Vaccine Admin may be required to stand, walk, use hands and ﬁngers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. Speciﬁc vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance visions, color visions, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The Vaccine Admin must also be capable of the following:
· Must be able to sit and drive a vehicle using frequent wrist motions and forward reaches Walk, climb stairs, carry medical equipment up to 70lbs
· Ability to wear N95 particulate facemask, Powered Air Purifying Respirator PAPR, or full-face respirator without showing signs of panic or distress
· Full Time - 40-hours /wk.
· Part Time – 20-hours /wk.
· Per Diem – No Scheduled Hours
Garnet is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Garnet and the Source and Recruit Company do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Principals only. Agency recruiters, please do not contact Garnet management.