PLEASE NOTE: We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet every qualification listed below. While there is value in experience, EN Engineering recognizes that there is also tremendous value in willingness to learn, a humble attitude, and motivation to contribute to a communicative, collaborative, and diverse organization.
EN Engineering, an ENR Top 100 company, provides comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to pipeline companies, gas and electric utilities, and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Automation Integration, Electrical Design, Industrial Solutions, and Process Safety Management.
EN Engineering provides innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity. Our success is achieved through the valued contributions of our talented and diverse employees with more than 2000 professionals across 35 offices.
In return for top talent, EN Engineering offers:
This position is responsible for performing detailed engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks with little supervision; performing engineering tasks as a member of the design team on multiple small to medium sized projects with a moderate level of technical difficulty. This position receives technical guidance on new design topics that have not been experienced by the Senior Design Engineer. The Senior Design Engineer works closely with Senior Engineers on unusual or complex projects or engineering tasks which are not familiar to the Senior Design Engineer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Applying sound engineering knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments
· Interacting with customers and venders in an independent nature
· Following system of quality control and checking on all projects assigned
· Maintaining a collaborative spirit in working with other Business Units providing the most optimum project team for projects often using personnel from multiple Business Units
· Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university
· 2-5 years of work experience in the gas industry or at least 3 years of work experience in a related industry
· Collaborative approach to problem solving
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Familiar with gas tie-in materials and procedure
· Highway and RR Crossing design and permit requirements and regulator station design
· Experience in Construction Support/Field Applications (installation methods, limitations and identifying risk
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.