Are you skilled at fostering a sense of trust, psychological safety, open communication, and fairness in ENGINEERING? If so, we’re looking for you to help scale the department during this exciting growth phase!!!
We are comprised of small AUTONOMOUS teams throughout the US that lay the architectural foundation for the next generation of mobile e-commerce. As a Director of Engineering (DOE), you will lead the consumer applications team and oversee the development of the native iOS and Android applications.
· Massive growth opportunity and equity for all employees
· Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k - eligible immediately
· Unlimited PTO + remote-friendly
· Brand new MacBook Pro and home office setup
· Develop and iterate on processes to effectively balance the maintenance and improvement of mobile offerings with an ambitious product roadmap.
· Collaborate, define, and drive strategic direction for your department
· Work closely with Staff Engineers and Senior IC leaders to deliver high-quality software.
· Utilize your experience and knowledge of both soft skills and software to bridge the gap between leadership and technical excellence
· Set department goals by informing on budgets, hiring plans, and team process, capacity, and timelines
· 8+ years of experience in engineering
· 3+ years as a Senior Manager in mobile applications development
· Proven track record of architecting, designing, and implementing apps on iOS and Android Platforms
· Experience working in an agile product development environment; including building from scratch and continuously improving
· Strong experience driving application architecture, approach, and strategic goals for both iOS and Android native applications