Associate General Counsel and Corporate Secretary
New York, NY
ISC’s team of Financial Services Recruiters has been retained by a prominent and growing global investment firm. The firm specializes in providing customized investment management and investment advisory services to their clients – Ultra-High Net Worth individuals, families, trusts, foundations, and endowments. They’re seeking a talented Associate General Counsel and Corporate Secretary to provide support for an upcoming merger and filings on Nasdaq to go public in the summer of 2022.
The Associate General Counsel and Corporate Secretary opportunity is highly visible and ideal for a professional champion who is strategic, an outstanding communicator and thrives in a fast-paced environment. It’s a unique position that will be interacting with corporate boards and senior level executives throughout the company. The person will embody a high level of critical thinking and professionalism and will be responsible for specific aspects of routine SEC reporting and compliance, corporate governance matters and special legal projects originating from the office of the General Counsel.
Associate General Counsel and Corporate Secretary Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree required and JD preferred
· 4-7 years of relevant experience
· Minimum 2 years of experience with Nasdaq filings
· Executive level presentation skills with previous Corporate Secretary responsibilities
Associate General Counsel and Corporate Secretary Rewards:
· Newly created opportunity to sit at the Holding Company level for an organization that’s going public this year
· As one of the key stakeholders within the Hold Co, this person will interact with the Board regularly and be highly visible internally
· Tremendous long term growth opportunity and development with a thriving company
· Rewarding culture and team within a client focused, family-oriented firm
Associate General Counsel and Corporate Secretary Responsibilities:
· Serve as Secretary of the Board, gather Board and committee materials, draft meeting minutes, provide and review director and officer questionnaires
· Maintain company’s insider listing and assist in Section 16 compliance
· Manage and conduct the annual shareholder proxy process
· Prepare and review of SEC 1934 Act reports and Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K
· Research, assist and advise all related parties on corporate governance, SEC, Sarbanes-Oxley and NASDAQ compliance.
· Prepare and filing of regulatory applications and notices in all matters.
· Complete and advise on annual corporate filings for the Company and its subsidiaries
· Assist in special projects
How to Apply:
Please contact Matt Norman, email@example.com, 512.878.3955.
Referrals – Do you know someone who may be a fit?
We gladly pay $500 for referrals that result in hire and keep all referrals confidential unless you ask us to use your name. Please contact Matt with referral contact information.