EasyPay Finance is a fast-growing financial services technology firm established in 2001. We assist merchants in the automotive services, furniture, and other various retail sectors to meet the financing needs of their customers. Headquartered in San Diego County, California, the EasyPay Finance program is currently offered in 50 states where we are working diligently to provide our clients and their customers with a superior product and experience. We are committed to empowering our dedicated employees, by providing competitive compensation, benefits, and incentives. When you join our company, you become part of a focused team that works collaboratively to be the best in a fast paced and emerging market.
- HQ – Carlsbad, California
- Founded 2001
- Privately held
- ~ 300 employees
- ~25% growth since 2020
EasyPay Finance has seen impressive growth in headcount in revenue since 2020. They have hired a new CTO and are committed to architecting an amazing technology environment and moving to a product centric mindset and approach. Jim Ventimiglia, their new CTO has an immense history of technology transformation leveraging modern and scalable technology solutions and offering a culture of autonomy to his assets to do what is best for the company technically. The CTO is on a mission to hire top talent to help build out and improve the technology backbone of EasyPay and is excited to build a culture of innovation and success.
Why Easy Pay Per the CTO:
- Accepting to change
- Directly map your contribution
- Focus on technology to go forward
- Autonomous and flexible environment
- Care for health, balance, and professional development
- Open platform for dialogue
Key projects across the enterprise:
- New Decisioning engine (Rules engine)
- Salesforce implementation
- New LMS loan management system
- New Phone System
- Additional Payment processor
- Lease to Own
- Virtual Card
- CFP (Consumer Finance Portal)
- Hosted app (white label)
- Customer app
Software Project Manager
Work Location: Remote
Work Hours: Majority of the team sits on West Coast, but hours will be flexible. Daily standup meetings take place at 93a0PST/1230pEST
Travel: None required
- Base salary budget: $150,000
- 5-10% Discretionary Bonus
Software Project Manager
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, you will be joining a growing team of Product and Project Managers, Business Analysts, and Quality Assurance professionals partnering directly with the business and software development teams where you will be contributing to product delivery. This is a high impact position delivering results in a feature-based agile SDLC.
This is a “full stack” player who will be intimately involved in every stage of the SDLC.
In this role you will be:
- Responsible for managing incoming software project requests (internal stakeholders) and client integration requests (external stakeholders).
- Managing the timeliness and relevance of communications by ensuring all relevant business partners are aware of the process and following up where there is a lack of lead time or alignment.
- Manage a variety of project tasks, such as prioritizing and planning work activities, setting appropriate deadlines to complete activities accordingly, identifying and managing risk, monitoring and controlling budget, and effectively managing time and resources, and vendor relationship management.
- Create User Stories for incoming feature requests or project requests.
- Create and document project processes and standards as needed.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive meeting log along with relevant project documents using standardized organizational process assets.
- Serve as SME to Software Engineers seeking details regarding project work tasks assigned to them.
- Assist to assess and evaluate clients existing processes and workflows.
- Provide guidance and insight to clients regarding system configurations, functionality, and features.
- Lead regular calls with clients to closely monitor the implementation process and ensure all milestones and deadlines are reached.
- Manage multiple clients and projects / tasks simultaneously.
- Channel and relay client feedback internally, and escalate issues to the Technology Director when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 or more years of project management experience working with diverse project teams comprised of functional stakeholders and software engineering personnel.
- Experience being a part of Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality.
- PMl Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience with JIRA agile delivery management
- Software Manager
- Software Engineering (12 total current FTE, all Senior)
- Committee (4)
- Cloud Engineering
- Cloud Security
- Database Architecture
- Security Analyst
- Salesforce admin
This role reports to: Director of Technology Solutions (reports to CTO)
- Agile Team
- Quality Assurance
- Product Team
- Support Analyst
- Scrum Master/Project Mgmt.
Equipment Provided includes laptop and monitors
- Formal annual review
- Day by day performance measure
- They are a close team
- Engineering connects every day
- Maintain a clear expectation
- Ontime delivery
- Open dialogue. Work, life, mental health, etc – anything needed to ensure balance and performance.
- HMO Medical plan coverage, with a Choice of Kaiser Permanente at $30.00 per month, United HealthCare (South) $50.00 or Blue Cross Anthem (South) $113.07 per month contribution by employee. PPO options are available at an additional cost. Dependents can be added at employee’s expense.
- PPO Dental Insurance (United HealthCare) at no additional cost to you.
- Vision Insurance (VSP) at no additional cost to you.
- Life insurance at 1x base salary (Cigna, capped at $50,000) at no additional cost to you.
- 401(k) plan auto enrolled at 3% after 6 months of employment at 3% contribution rate. Employees who are enrolled and actively contributing to the plan will receive a match of 50% for the first 6% contributed (net 3% cap) to your 401(k) account.
- Monthly internet & electricity expense allotment of $40.00.
- PTO – flexible PTO policy (take what you need)
- 10 official holidays
- PI/Cognitive test (15-minute formality)
- Meet CTO
- Meet Director of Technology
US work authorization is required.
US Citizen, Green Card, Perm Resident Preferred.
We are not accepting candidates that require sponsorship at this time.