Our client is a state-of-the-art lab specializing in national security initiatives and solutions. They are seeking a highly motivated and experienced leader to serve as the new Director of Facilities.
This position reports to the Infrastructure Operations Associate Lab Director and oversees and manages operations, construction and maintenance of all physical assets that include facilities, utilities, infrastructure, fleet management, material control, asset management, custodial, and food services in addition to executing the environmental remediation and waste management related operations for the client's facilities.
You will lead a robust organization focused on work packaging, scheduling, and execution of work to support the Government Owned and Contractor Operated (GOCO) facilities that further national interests and perform National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) statutory missions.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and diverse team who are both passionate about their mission and well-supported by their colleagues and the collaborative atmosphere of the facility as a whole.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supervise employees and perform other managerial responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversee maintenance, construction, and other contract work for client's facilities, utilities, infrastructure; fleet management, material control, asset management, custodial, food service and waste management.
- Select, develop, evaluate and lead a team of managers, subject matter authorities, and technicians with a goal of earning a high level of credibility as an effective and responsive mission-support services work execution organization.
- Conduct compliant environmental restoration activities; remediate contamination; provide management of waste necessary to support Laboratory missions including storage, treatment and disposal of solid, hazardous, mixed, and radioactive wastes; decontaminate and decommission facilities and sites; and coordinate and implement waste minimization and pollution prevention initiatives.
- Lead development and enforcement of craftwork rules.
- Responsible for work package development and approval of all infrastructure related contact work.
- Perform the design, construction, and/or construction management activities for all projects.
- Ensure all engineering projects and processes are in conformance with NNSA policies and objectives.
- Emphasize a safety culture/safety conscious work environment through integrated management strategies, as well as safety driven value-added work packaging.
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
- Take immediate action to correct reported or observed unacceptable safety and health conditions and/or behaviors; and “stop” work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Assure that appropriate procedures, training, equipment, warnings, and tools are provided to employees to permit work to be performed safely. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
- Promote and actively participate in the Safety Conscious Work Environment. Support and encourage employee participation in company sponsored safety initiatives and corrective action program.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, engineering, construction management, or related discipline
- Twelve or more years of facilities maintenance, customer service, project management, or construction management experience; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Eight or more years of managerial/leadership experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DOE Q-level security clearance*
- Master's degree business, science, engineering or, related program field
- Certification in facilities management, project management, or construction management
- Proficiency and knowledge of state and federal regulatory codes
- Demonstrated experience interacting with senior managers and regulators
- Experience applying innovative approaches to tech from an enterprise-wide perspective
- Experience leading operations in a multi-site environment
- Finance and business savvy coupled with the ability to analyze metrics
- Strong ability to prioritize projects and make quick, sound decisions
- Agent of change with a continual focus on increasing value to the customer
- Experience in high-consequence environments that serve government clients
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement business system improvements
- Experience working with NNSA
- Career mobility to change projects and teams as you wish (e.g., work in cyber defense one year and space systems the next)
- K–12 education outreach programs in science and math
- Competitive base salary
- Non-base cash awards for significant achievements and performance
- Patent royalties
- Tuition assistance for job-related courses at accredited institutions
- Discounts on items such as movie tickets, gym memberships, bus passes, museums, amusement parks, and sporting and entertainment events
- Assists employees before and after the birth, adoption, or foster placement
- 9/80 compressed workweek with every other Friday off
- 4/10 work schedule is an option with management approval
- State-of-the-art research facilities
- Employee recognition through service/merit awards and special appointments
- Diversity outreach committees
You will be required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with this client are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
*You must be a U.S. citizen to acquire a DOE Q-Level security clearance in addition to any higher clearance levels as required
This company demonstrates its commitment to public safety in the national interest by requiring that all new hires attest to their vaccination status before commencing employment. The requirement also applies to those who are telecommuting and working virtually.
This is a full-time position based in Albuquerque, NM. We understand talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether you're qualified or not, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
Blackmere is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.