CEDAR CX Technologies is a leading provider of powerful Private-Cloud-Based Managed Services solutions for Customer Communications Management (CCM). We help large financial institutions and insurance companies reshape the way they communicate with their customers and partners.
The DevOps Engineer is a key CEDAR’s DevOps resource; responsible for deploying the company’s automation tools. The DevOps Engineer makes CEDAR more efficient by running our Ansible playbook; integrating automation t/o the environment where CEDAR applications meet infrastructure.
Position Specific Competencies:
• Deployment Automation Solutions Development and Testing: Develop and test CEDAR deployment automation solutions; adhering to change management process.
• Build Architecture and Automation: Implement/Support CEDAR Development release build infrastructure. Engineer and architect solutions to meet stakeholders needs.
• Automation Solutions Knowledge Transfer: Serve as a point person to enable knowledge transfer of CEDAR automation solutions.
• Communication & Work Coordination: Effectively exchange information in order to interpret the needs of CEDAR employees, respond to their needs, and achieve satisfaction; teach varying levels of CEDAR's business, technology, processes & procedures to groups or individuals. Organize and prioritize work, respond to conflicting business needs, and work collaboratively with a group of people to produce CEDAR's products or services.
• Planning Management: Develops and manage integrated project plans for all critical path activities. Engages in short term as well as long term planning including contingency plans and ways to maintain focus on key objectives. Finds ways to learn from previous issues and improve processes and tools to make future efforts more efficient, successful, and repeatable.
• Ability to design and maintain deployment processes. A proven track record of tightly managing scope within large and complex projects.
• Ability to listen; drive collaboration and product innovation.
• Minimum 3+ years’ experience with Ansible automation in a Java and Linux environment preferred.
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience with Linux in an enterprise environment.
• Minimum 4+ years’ experience with Linux scripting in an enterprise environment.
• Familiarity with Java, XML, HTML, PL/SQL, Spring, SQL.
• Ticket processing experience (Jira preferred).
• Application development experience.
• SDLC implementation experience, particularly in the design and development phases.
• Enterprise operational experience with Apache Kafka.
• Enterprise operational experience with Elastic Search/ELK stack.
• Enterprise operational experience w/ Java web services
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college is preferred.
• Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Never pay a deductible in-network with our Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Matching 401k
• 10 vacation days, 5 floating holidays, 7 PTO days and 8 paid holidays
• Business casual
• Flexible work hours
• Work from home opportunities
• Fun, fast-paced environment
• Free workout/gym facility
• Opportunities for advancement