Reporting to: Vice President of Construction
Location: 152 Conant Street, Beverly, MA (not a remote position)
Shift: Full Time M-F, 7am to 4pm
Connolly Brothers, Inc., celebrating 140 years in business, is seeking an experienced Superintendent responsible for directing and coordinating activities of Connolly Brother’s construction projects.
About Connolly Brothers, Inc.:
Connolly Brothers is a construction management firm serving private commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. A five-generation family business established in 1880, Connolly is based in Beverly, Mass. and operates throughout the New England region. For more than a century, clients have turned to Connolly to handle all aspects of their construction projects, from planning and design to real estate development.
Connolly has approximately 30 employees and manages $30MM to $50MM in projects annually. The real estate division owns and operates a mixture of single and multi-tenant commercial buildings and is actively seeking new development opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned.
· Plan and direct on-site construction activities
· Collaborate with project manager in reviewing and analyzing project timelines and budget to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
· Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate problems and improve quality
· Revise timelines and priorities as result of operational problems
· Consult with engineering personnel relative to modifications to original project plan
· Ensure work on site is performed in accordance with contract documents and specifications
· Create and maintain a three week look ahead schedule for construction activities; daily activity reports; accident/incident reports and others as required
· Enforce safety program as defined in company safety manual and in accordance with all applicable safety codes and regulations
· Maintain existing customer and subcontractor relationships
· Maintain MA Construction Supervisor’s License
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others well informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Education and/or Experience:
· Minimum of fifteen years of related experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, customers and employees.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with many variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, kneel and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Connolly Brothers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Connolly Brothers and the Source and Recruit Company do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Principals only. Agency recruiters, please don't contact Connolly Brothers management.