A world-class legacy research institution is searching for a Senior UI/UX Designer. This is an excellent opportunity for a curious and dynamic person who thrives in collaborative settings that value positivity, meaningful work, and innovation.
Our client focuses on building solutions and developing high-impact initiatives focused on energy, national security, and the environment. The person in the senior UI/UX design position will work closely with both government and private sector officials and have the ability to effect change on a national and global scale.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead cross-functional project teams
- Build software applications and data visualization tools for national security and energy stakeholders
- Collaborate with world-class scientists, researchers, business stakeholders, agile software development teams, and end-users to create excellent user experiences
- Collect user requirements through subject matter expert interviews, user interviews, and workshops
- Design well-documented concepts, wireframes, user-flows, high-fidelity mockups, interactions, prototypes, and design specifications throughout the product life cycle
- Lead small UX teams and development efforts by example through instrumenting and developing templates in design specifications and style guides
- Broaden the impact of user experience design through business development, internal and external outreach, and mentoring of junior staff
- BS/BA with five years of experience, MS/MA with three years of experience, or Ph.D. with one year of experience
- Ability to demonstrate design leadership and strong knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Must be able to obtain a federal security clearance — candidate must be a US citizen
- Degree in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, or a related field
- Five plus years of experience with designing user-driven applications such as web or mobile
- Five plus years of experience with creating wireframes and visual mockups
- Five plus years of experience with using design software including Axure or Sketch
- Ability to provide an online portfolio or samples at the time of interview that demonstrates a clear rationale for design decisions
- Experience with creating prototypes
- Active Federal Q Clearance and ability to maintain such clearance
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plus health savings account and emergency travel insurance
- Tuition assistance, graduate-level educational stipend program, and career development programs
- Personal interest clubs and professional networks, miles of on-site walking paths, travel events, workshops, lectures, sports and recreation activities
- Two weeks of paid vacation to start, ten paid holidays per year, sick leave, maternity leave, educational leave, flexible work hours, and a teleworking program
- Discounts on mobile phone, home/auto insurance, fitness, computer, travel and hotels, local dining, and transit passes
- Pension plan, supplemental 401(k) savings plan with employer match
This is a full-time position based in Richland, WA. Remote work is possible. The client also has alternate work sites. Please reach out to us directly for further details. We understand talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether you're qualified or not, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
At Blackmere, we believe innovation and diversity go hand in hand. We are an equal opportunity employer and 100% committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse Blackmere. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.