A world-class legacy research institution is searching for a Senior Data Scientist who specializes in natural language procession (NLP). This is an excellent opportunity for a curious and dynamic person who thrives in collaborative settings that value positivity, meaningful work, and innovation.
Our client is committed to advancing state-of-the-art artificial intelligence through applied machine learning and deep learning to support scientific discovery and our sponsors’ missions. This is a rapidly evolving field; applicants should have an interest in learning new technologies and exploring new methods.
Our client focuses on building solutions and developing high-impact initiatives focused on energy, national security, and the environment. The person in the senior data scientist position will work closely with both government and private sector officials and have the ability to effect change on a national and global scale.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently complete and lead small projects and efforts and/or generate automated or strategic analytics in support of mission needs
- Lead development of technical products in domain areas
- Join in professional activities and/or external collaborations
- Participate in external technical working groups and assist in organizing workshops
- Build effective project teams with membership across a group, domain and/or directorate
- Generate new ideas for proposals and/or business development opportunities while leading development of a technical section of small to medium proposals or project plans
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computational linguistics, engineering, applied mathematics, or related field with five years of experience, a master’s degree with three years of experience, or a Ph.D. with at least one year of experience in a similar field
- Broad understanding of analytic techniques, methods, structures, and workflows in the problem space. Knowledge of analysis structured techniques and methods
- Must be able to obtain a federal security clearance — candidate must be a US citizen
- Experience training machine learning models in frameworks like PyTorch
- Experience applying machine learning and artificial intelligence to natural language-specific applications
- Additional domain application experience is preferred — geospatial intelligence, computer vision, few-shot learning, adversarial machine learning, social computing, etc.
- Three plus years of experience with natural language processing
- Five plus years in machine learning or applied science/research in academia or industry
- Five plus years of experience with a general-purpose programming language such as Python, Scala, Java, C, C++, etc.
- Active Federal Q Clearance and ability to maintain such clearance
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plus health savings account and emergency travel insurance
- Tuition assistance, graduate-level educational stipend program, and career development programs
- Personal interest clubs and professional networks, miles of on-site walking paths, travel events, workshops, lectures, sports and recreation activities
- Two weeks of paid vacation to start, ten paid holidays per year, sick leave, maternity leave, educational leave, flexible work hours, and a teleworking program
- Discounts on mobile phone, home/auto insurance, fitness, computer, travel and hotels, local dining, and transit passes
- Pension plan, supplemental 401(k) savings plan with employer match
This is a full-time position based in Richland, WA. Remote work is possible. The client has other work sites available as well. Please reach out to us directly for further details. We understand talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether you're qualified or not, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
At Blackmere, we believe innovation and diversity go hand in hand. We are an equal opportunity employer and 100% committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse Blackmere. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.