ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 2,500+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Renewables, Power Services, GIS and Data Solutions, Automation Integration, Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Industrial Solutions, Telecommunications, and Process Safety Management.
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. We work with a smile, connect easily with others, and believe that work-life balance and a flexible work environment benefits everyone.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
ENTRUST SOLUTIONS GROUP BY THE NUMBERS:
35+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
3000+ Employees company-wide
31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
This position is responsible for reviewing project specifications; conferring with customer and engineers concerning assistance required to collect data and develop projects from initial stages to final engineered pipeline projects. Tasks include preparing plans, evaluating of field conditions, field verifications, design changes, and reports, including client revenue and cost projections. Designers survey project sites to obtain and analyze topographical details of sites, using maps and surveying equipment. Drafts detailed dimensional drawings including at times two-line and 3D drawings as required for completion of gas pipeline and associated projects.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conducting field site visits to gather data required for project plan development
· Calculating lay out rights-of-way and/or street dimensions and angles
· Constructing dimensional relationship of one part to another and a relationship of various parts to entire project, utilizing knowledge of engineering practices and mathematics
· Creating a preliminary or final sketch of proposed drawing, using computer-assisted design/drafting equipment
· Taking data imported from a ground survey and create contour drawings to be used for soil erosion and sediment control drawings
· Designing concrete and steel supports, including above- and below-ground supports, as they relate to supporting pipe in the gas pipeline industry
· Modifying drawings as required by customer
· Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
· Offer technical assistance in drawing production work such as analysis, fiber optic network design, topology layout, fiber splice plans, cable duct and routing, and calculations on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
· Willing to take charge of different types of fiber optics and put to practice company, client and project design, and drafting standards.
· Able to communicate and ensure quick, fast and secure fiber optics communication and assist in knowledge about internet and telephone signals. They continually update and upgrade existing communication systems
· An Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS) in Design and Drafting Technology
· Strong working knowledge of AutoCad or Microstation software
· Knowledge of fiber optic design engineering
· Five years prior experience preferred in civil design in the gas pipeline industry
· Ability to perform civil design drafting in a 3D environment is a plus
· Knowledge of SmallWorld and/or ESRI GIS platforms is a plus
· Strong work ethic with desire to work in a production environment