ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 2,500+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Renewables, Power Services, GIS and Data Solutions, Automation Integration, Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Industrial Solutions, Telecommunications, and Process Safety Management.
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. We work with a smile, connect easily with others, and believe that work-life balance and a flexible work environment benefits everyone.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
ENTRUST SOLUTIONS GROUP BY THE NUMBERS:
30+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
1800+ Employees company-wide
31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
This position is responsible for performing engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks with ongoing
supervision. The Design Specialist receives technical guidance on new design topics that have not been experienced
by the Design Specialist. The Design Specialist will work closely with other engineers/specialists and Senior
engineers/specialists on typical engineering assignments tasks which are not familiar to the Design Specialist. The
Design Specialist must have the ability to design residential Gas & Electrical (G&E) work, design basic G&E
infrastructure with minimal guidance and has completed 1 or more external technical courses (IEEE, etc.).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ Applying sound engineering knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project
assignments with supervision and assistance from other engineers and managers
▪ Performing a variety of basic engineering tasks to assist in the production of plans, specifications, reports,
diagrams, and engineering documents with supervision by other engineers and supervisors
▪ Ability to work 25% in the field and 75% in the office.
▪ Ability to provide reliable and consistence customer service, manage multiple satisfied customer, and deliver projects on time.
▪ Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
▪ Appropriate technical degree or related experience
▪ 3 to 5 years utility design or demonstrated job knowledge
▪ Minimum of at least one intern position of not less than 3 months performing basic engineering tasks
▪ Customer and client service experience
▪ Excellent organizational and management of multiple projects
▪ Experience in gas and/or electric distribution design
▪ Experience reading construction plans
▪ Experience in GIS software (SmallWorld, Bentley Utility Designer) and Basic CAD skills is preferred
(Intermediate – AutoCAD, Beginner – Micro-Station)
▪ Enthusiasm to be a part of the team and open to learn new skills
▪ Unquestioned business and personal integrity
▪ Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a
computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk
for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read
printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Ability to travel if required, including overnight travel and the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment in
Compensation and Benefits:
▪ This position pays between $49,920 and $68,640 and is an exempt position.
▪ Benefits offered include company sponsored medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plan with company match.
Also offered are tuition reimbursement, voluntary life, disability, critical illness, accident and hospitalization
plans. HSA or FSA medical accounts and FSA dependent care and transportation/parking accounts are also
available. These benefits are subject to employee contribution amounts generally set annually.
▪ Full time employees are eligible to earn PTO hours.
▪ May be eligible for discretionary bonus as determined by the company.
ENTRUST Solutions Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. ENTRUST Solutions Group does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with ENTRUST Solutions Group.