A unique software company, with HQ in El Segundo, is building out its Technology team and needs a Chief Technology Officer who has been a CTO, CIO, or CSIO before.
To be successful in this position, you would’ve already brought 2-3+ large scale software applications to the finish line. Whether that was from scratch, or redoing a current application, you have the skills to lead and work with many cross-tech skillsets and deal with high impact software apps.
What You’ll Do:
· Be the technical true north star and leader for software, websites, IT, fintech, email hosting, web hosting platforms, and domain registration operations.
· Prior CTO / Head of Engineering / technical visionary experience for a B2B SaaS startup, preferably with a track record of one or more successful exits
· Aligning and providing feedback on the product roadmap, work closely with CPO + Product team to decide on prioritization, resource allocation, and timelines
· Manage in-house engineering team, contracted development partners
· Partner with product on data-driven processes to evaluate product-market fit and other aspects of product performance, able to identify insights that will influence future decisions
· Have a proven understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy, and operations
· Drive performance, efficiency, and effectiveness of the engineering and product development team
· An effective leader and team player who knows how to hire and manage the right talent to scale the Engineering team
What You’ll Have:
· Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills, including a track record of coaching and mentorship
· Strong communication skills with the ability to present a technology vision confidently in a way that motivates others both internally and externally
· Significant experience in software architecture and personally building digital products from early-stage through to scaling and maturity, including B2B SaaS experience
· Have managed, mentored, and inspired a small team of engineers providing architectural guidance, code reviews, etc.
· Deep knowledge of full-stack modern development practices (ex: DevOps, APIs)
· Experience in project management to ensure timely deliverables
· Understanding of budgets and business-planning
· Strategic thinking