Our cybersecurity research and development-focused client is looking for a forward-thinking cybersecurity researcher with experience in data science, AI, machine learning, and deep learning to impact state-of-the-art cyber security defense initiatives.
This role works collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team in support of the nation’s complex global, national, homeland and energy security challenges. We are looking for creative, innovative individuals with a passion for cyber, data science, and the national security mission. This is an opportunity to:
- Contribute to and directly impact critical initiatives in the national security space
- Design and develop new systems, applications, and solutions for advanced analytics, decision support, and automated machine reasoning in the cybersecurity domain
- Create detailed recommendations, designs, and roadmaps for cyber data science, cyber detection, and response strategies
- Satisfy your curiosity and your natural inclination for continuous learning
- Translate your expertise and passion in the cyber security and machine learning fields to research and solutions that have a tangible impact on the nation’s cyber defenses
- Enjoy outstanding benefits and the ability to truly make a difference
- BS/BA with at least five years of experience OR
- MS/MA with three years of experience OR
- PhD with one year of experience OR
- Ability to achieve and maintain an active Federal Q Clearance*
- This role involves extensive interaction with internal and external stakeholders, both scientific staff and management. An ability to communicate effectively across technical and non-technical audiences, and inspire others, is critical to success.
- Demonstrated engineering skills and/or professional publications in the field of cyber security
- Apply quantitative methods to solve complex data problems involving cyber risk scoring, emerging risk detection
- Analyze and gain insights from emerging cyberattacks, predict cyber attack trends
- Experience applying innovations to develop solutions to practical problems
- Prior experience with DoD and/or other government agencies is preferred
- Data pipeline development (e.g, Python, NiFi, Spark, Kafka, AWS Glue, Kinesis)
- Indexing services or log analysis tools (e.g., Splunk, Elasticsearch, Solr, Cloudwatch).
- Computer networking, protocols, IP packet structure, and capture tools
- Acquiring/integrating data within a distributed environment (e.g., AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Databricks, Hadoop).
- Scalable/massively parallel databases (e.g., Hive, Redshift, Impala, Athena, DynamoDB).
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Travel Medical and Dental Coverage (including international)
- Dependent coverage
- Leave benefits
- Fertility Support
- 401(k) Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Corporate Discounts and Memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Forgiveness
Employees are required to have a COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. Applicants are required to disclose their vaccination status following a conditional offer of employment and must attest to being fully vaccinated with a Center for Disease Control (CDC)-approved COVID-19 vaccination, or provide documentation of the need for a medical or religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
*You also must be a U.S. citizen in order to acquire a DOE Q Level security clearance, as well as higher clearance levels as required.
Please reach out to us directly for further details. We understand talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether you're qualified or not, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
Blackmere is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.