Our growing team needs an experienced Artificial Intelligence (AI) Project Manager. The right person for this job will bring a collaborative and hands-on approach as a technology leader who provides strategic vision and tactical support, maintaining and evolving our growing company. The AI Project Manager will oversee the streamlined operations of the development department, ensuring it aligns with business objectives.
Candidates should be passionate about working with a multidisciplinary team of technical and software engineers to drive the company's goals. In addition, the right person for this role should be highly organised, and possess a strong work ethic.
The primary function of the Project Manager is to keep our project-based work on track, organised, and reported accurately. This role will be managing software projects involving our AI team, so you must have relevant experience in delivering software and managing software projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Review project plans to prepare and coordinate project activities
- Act as a channel of information between all teams involved in the projects
- Set up project schedules, organise job files, track and monitor progress, route projects
- Assist in the handling and organising of materials to ensure the delivery of the most necessary elements of every project in a defined scope, quality, time frame, and cost constraints
- Work with CEO/CTO, vendors, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems
- Display strong leadership, organisational, and execution skills
- Leads and motivates a team of engineers and other cross-functional representatives
- Lead and drive AI products within the context of broader product goals, strategy, and road-map
- Ability to incorporate data, research, and market analysis to inform product strategies and road-maps
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
Qualified candidates should be positive, driven and confident individuals that will represent the company and its customers professionally at all times. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BS/BA in technical/Computer Science (e.g., PMP) or business (e.g., Management/Marketing/Operational) field or equivalent work experience required
- 4+ years' experience within a Technical Project Management role, Preferably with a background in AI, Machine Learning, Software is preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and see through to completion in a timely manner
- Enterprise-level projects would be an advantage
- Strong leadership and communication skills, requiring the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate effectively
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to optimise operational processes
- Ability to give practical feedback and share creative new ideas
- Ability to critically assess information for relevance, accuracy, and feasibility
- Strong influencing skills to get buy-in and drive change globally, across multiple functions
We are a small yet dynamic team who appreciate creative flair, an entrepreneurial nature and personality. We always offer the opportunity to grow as the business grows in a relaxed atmosphere.