Our client is looking for an experienced Underwriter to join their expanding team, to package, underwrite and approve new mortgage applications for a variety of 1st/2nd charge and Buy to Let (BTL) lending products.
- To manage and progress effectively all aspects of own pipeline of loan transactions from start to completion, both bridging and development finance loans, with limited supervision or guidance.
- Effectively establish relationships with all stakeholders in the transaction process.
- Promote brand awareness amongst potential borrowers and investors.
- Underwrite both residential and BTL mortgage applications
- Make lending decisions in line with Credit Risk Policy and individual mandate level
- See beyond the individual components of an application, and consider the broader customer outcome and need
- Manage new applications, incoming post, and pre-submission referrals within set service standards
- Proactively manage an assigned pipeline of applications from receipt to completion
- Liaise with a pre-approved panel of Introducers to provide quick, accurate and reliable underwriting decisions
- Adhere to internal underwriting policy and regulatory requirements -FCA, PRA, Money Laundering, Prevention of Financial Crime, Data Protection etc
- Undertake project and ad-hoc pieces of work at management request
- Previous underwriting, credit, or lending exposure
- Working within a regulated environment
- Managing and prioritising own workload
- Liaising with Introducers and/or external customers
- Currently holds a lending mandate (desirable experience)
- CeMAP qualified (desirable qualification)
Take charge of your career and apply now!!!
You will be rewarded with a very generous basic salary, bonus potential and benefits package including a whole range of flexible benefits.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have not been shortlisted for this role.