Put your skills to work at a stable company in an unstable time! Our client is a multi-billion-dollar eCommerce company with global operations in 19 countries and a strong, loyal customer base. This client continues to grow with annual revenue hitting over $2 Billion.
Our client, located in Idaho Falls, ID, has been on the cutting edge of patented technology in the Wellness industry for over three decades. With an overall mission of wellness and research into sustainable products, you will be a part of a mindful community of professionals, working to bring the enterprise to the cutting edge of technology.
We are seeking a Software Engineering Manager to Manage a software development team of 4+ members on rapid development efforts using iterative development methodologies such as Agile.
- Manage a software development team of 4+ members on rapid development efforts using iterative development methodologies such as Agile
- Manage scope, assign tasks, track velocity, and report the results for each iteration
- Manage the team backlog
- Meet regularly with team members
- Remove roadblocks
- Manage critical incident resolution and team escalation processes
- Manage team metrics and provide status updates
- Manage standards for the development life cycle and ensure team follows the standards
- Manage processes and define process and performance improvements
- Identify potential application improvements and sponsor technical debt projects
- Manage workplace environment and recommend improvements as needed
- Manage individual and team objectives
- Manage employee career paths and mentor individual team members along path
- Create individual performance development plans and regularly review with each team member
- Manage staffing requirements and hire new staff as required
- Develop training plans and schedule training for team members
- Ensure that design reviews, code reviews and peer testing are being conducted
- Drive effective communication across global organization
- Participate in company and technical trainings
Required Experience and Skills:
- Expertise with facilitating verbal and written communication between technical and business
- Ability to clearly communicate across all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years in software development
- 2+ years management or team lead experience
- High standard of quality and focus on customer satisfaction
- Excellent teamwork skills and commitment to self-improvement
- Expertise in Object Oriented Principles
- In-depth knowledge of Agile or a similar rapid development methodology
- Experience making hiring decisions and developing performance improvement plans
- Demonstrated success in all software development aspects of small and large projects
- Track record of good technical judgment involving architecture and project-planning issues
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience mentoring developers
Beneficial Experience and Skills:
- Project Management experience
How does this benefit you?
- Our client has a GREAT CULTURE - flexibility is a must in this position; you'll become a part of a fast-paced team dedicated to a feel-good lifestyle brand dedicated to changing lives. Our client is proud to be part of a values-driven organization that treats employees with respect. Their employees and their families enjoy company parties and countless discounts around the community. They implement a very real open-door policy, and all employees are on a first-name basis—it feels more like a family than a multi-national corporation.
- Their location is Safe, uncrowded & affordable - nestled in the heart of beautiful Eastern Idaho, Idaho Falls is a prosperous and vibrant community, as well as the gateway to recreational paradise. This unique setting provides numerous opportunities for total wellness -- social, physical, financial, and emotional. If you love outdoor activities, this is the place for you, with the Snake River running right through town, the Rocky Mountains dominating the horizon, and Yellowstone less than a 2-hour drive away.
- Excellent compensation - in addition to a competitive wage, our client offers comprehensive benefits for their full-time employees that include all you would expect plus some remarkable surprises, such as a longevity bonus. They provide an onsite fitness center, free concierge service, and an employee restaurant.
Please reach out to us directly for further details. We understand talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether you're qualified or not, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
Blackmere is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.