Shift: Multiple shifts available
Garnet is hiring Nurse Practitioners and Physician Associates with experience in Acute Care -- ER, Urgent Care, or Internal Medicine -- to join our growing team serving Chittenden County. Our care teams are composed of Advanced Practice Providers and Clinical Care Technicians (EMT/AEMT/Paramedics), and each care team is equipped with everything needed to treat injury and illness through comprehensive health assessments, including diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up, for patients of all ages. Our innovative model allows us to provide comprehensive care in the home or place of business, including point of care laboratory studies, minor procedures, splinting, wound care, suturing, IV fluid and medication administration. We provide whole person care by facilitating timely follow up and care coordination.
● Work as a team with Clinical Care Technician(s) to deliver care in the patient’s home or place of business. This involves being a mobile unit and driving in a company vehicle to the place of service.
● Perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose and treat complex illnesses.
● Provide therapeutic interventions, such as splinting, suturing, wound care and minor procedures.
● Use critical thinking skills and follow evidence-based standards of practice.
● Accurately and thoroughly document your patient encounter and ensure accuracy.
● Analyze test data to diagnose, treat and arrange appropriate follow up for the patient to ensure continuity of care.
● Provide education for patients and families on how to treat their acute illness and manage their health and well-being.
● Effectively navigate difficult conversations related to a patient’s care plan.
● Communicate effectively with patients, family, and other providers/persons involved in the patient’s care.
● Identify and proactively solve problems.
● Adhere to clinical and safety standards, protocols, and performance metrics.
● Provide care with compassion, empathy, and cultural competency.
● Maintain positive relationships with partner organizations and other members of the local healthcare ecosystem.
● Attend training sessions and clinical team meetings.
● Always do what’s right for the patient.
● At least 5 years of experience in acute care (ED, UC, Internal Medicine)
● Primary care experience a bonus
● Graduate with an advanced degree from an accredited institution
● Current unrestricted state license as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
● Nationally board certified, current
● Current BLS/ACLS certification
● Prescriptive authority and DEA
Garnet is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Garnet and the Source and Recruit Company do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Principals only. Agency recruiters, please do not contact Garnet management.