We are currently seeking a Project Accountant to work in our Los Angeles office. Our Project Accountants form an integral part of our finance teams. This position is imperative to the commercial management of contracts throughout the lifecycle of projects. We strive to hire and develop highly engaged skilled professionals that will provide consistent billing and financial support for our business and our project managers/directors.
· Partner with Project Managers to review and track project performance, including variance analysis, earned value, cash flow and profitability.
· Understand contracts, project schedules, budgets and commercial risks. Work with Project Managers to develop forecasts and review budgets and resourcing plans.
· Advanced knowledge of project finances with the ability to independently evaluate a project’s financial performance and provide recommendations to the Project Manager on project management strategies.
· Prepare client invoices in accordance with company procedures, client requirements, and terms and conditions of the contract. Monitor invoice aging and manage cash collections.
· Understand sub-consultant contracts. Establish and maintain sub-consultant purchase orders and process invoices.
· Ability to recognize project risks and work with Project Managers to find solutions and assess the impact on project finances.
· Extensive interaction with project teams, clients and subconsultants utilizing critical thinking, qualitative input, and influence to ensure financial health of projects.
· Provide project updates to Finance Manager on monthly basis, or more frequently as issues arise. Share valuable insights into the financial health of projects.
· Track and resolve monthly, various potential project and accounting issues
· Participate in project meetings and complete project close-outs.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· 5+ years of relevant experience. Experience as a Project Accountant in an Engineering, Architectural or Construction firm is an asset.
· Bachelor’s Degree is required.
· Self-motivated, proactive, responsible, team player with ability to train and mentor staff
· Certification relevant to the construction and architecture and engineering industries is a plus
· The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
· Ability to think critically with a solutions-based approach
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Excel skills
· Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds