Blackmere’s mission is to connect brilliant people with inspiring opportunity. Since 2011, our commitment to build strong, positive and innovative communities has started right here at home on the Blackmere team. We are dedicated to integrity, innovation and excellence in both recruitment and technology and are constantly iterating, solving problems and empowering internal and external teams to build a better world.
10,000 Foot View
Our Cyber Security R&D-focused client is looking for an experienced cyber security engineer with deep knowledge of space systems and the drive to pursue impactful, long-term solutions. Direct experience with space systems is a must and experience and knowledge of military space systems is highly preferred. This role works collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team in support of the nation’s complex, global, national, homeland and energy security challenges. We are looking for creative, innovative individuals with a passion for cyber, space systems and the national security mission.
What's in It for YOU
The opportunity to:
- Design, deploy, and operate systems, networks, applications, and tools that underpin cyber security and cyber defense
- Expertly integrate hardware, software, and other components to solve operational challenges for cyber defenders
- Leverage your experience in data and systems engineering functions to support cyber operations activities and systems
- Develop and deploy security and defensive countermeasures and controls, ensuring successful execution of security requirements, systems analysis, systems design, security hardening, security test and evaluation, and certification and accreditation.
- Directly support operational systems through vulnerability scanning, network, and system security configuration, etc.
- Conceptualize and architect new approaches, methods and techniques for cyber defense and resiliency
- Interface with external entities including law enforcement, intelligence and other government organizations and agencies
- Collaborate with partners, providing experience and guidance to research and development applying cybersecurity to space-based missions. Contribute to and directly impact critical initiatives in the national security space
- Satisfy your curiosity and your natural inclination for continuous learning
- Enjoy outstanding benefits and the ability to truly make a difference
What You Offer
- BS and 5+ years of relevant space and cyber experience; or MS and 3+ years of relevant experience, or PhD with 1 year of experience.
- BS with 7+ years relevant experience in military space operations or acquisitions, or MS with 5 years of relevant experience or PhD with 3 years of experience
- Experience leading technical teams
- Experience conceiving, developing, and executing R&D
- Broad space system research and development understanding and experience
- Space system testing and evaluation experience
- Wide understanding of current cybersecurity vulnerabilities and operational landscape
- Experience with two or more of the following:
- Satellite Control
- Satellite Communications Systems
- Global Position, Navigation, and timing
- Space Superiority
- Space Launch and Range systems
- Remote Sensing Systems
- Space Warning systems
- Space Intelligence, Surveillance, reconnaissance
- Tactical SATCOM operations Demonstrated ability to understand, deploy, and operate a range of cybersecurity tools
- Intermediate level knowledge in computer science and cyber security, experience with programming languages, and understanding of secure design and/or operations principles
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with clients and laboratory scientific staff and management
- Strong analytic ability and leadership potential
You also must be an U.S. citizen in order to acquire a DOE Q Level security clearance, as well as higher clearance levels as required.
Blackmere is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.