Brown Armstrong's comprehensive accounting services and specialization in distinct niches make us unique, which also allows us to provide customized services specifically designed for each client we serve. Based in California with offices in Kern, Fresno, and San Joaquin counties, we have tremendous reach throughout the State.
We are looking for staff accountants that are highly motivated with a desire for success based primarily out of the Fresno location. We are also accepting applications for both full-time and part-time opportunities for tax/audit.
- Performs accounting, auditing and/or tax assignments under the direction of the partner or manager, including the preparation of financial statements, tax returns, and work papers.
- Performs review procedures as assigned by supervisors. Completes engagements of moderate complexity with an emphasis on quality standards, timely completion within budget, and profitability.
- Keeps the partners and managers informed of all important developments on engagement, analyzes problems, and recommends solutions.
- Assists partners and managers in resolving client issues and problems; compiles research and prepares reports on various audit or financial issues.
- Attend meetings with clients and have direct interaction.
- Performs other accounting and auditing duties as needed in engagements as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Actively participates in the Firm’s business development efforts. Professionally represents the Firm at business and community functions.
- Represents the Firm through participation in professional, charitable, and/or civic organizations.
- Participates and promotes Firm initiatives such as Business Development Program, Mentoring Program, and other Firm committees and activities.
Required licenses, Certificates, or Knowledge
- Actively working towards obtaining a CA Certified Public Accountants (CPA) License.
- Educational requirements for CPA license met at graduation preferred (to be full-time eligible) or plan to complete. (150 units and required courses).
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively interface will all levels of Firm management and staff, clients, and outside business contacts.
- Demonstrated use of computers, computer accounting software, and tax software programs preferred.
- Valid California Drivers License and proof of insurance.
We offer: Paid Vacation up to 4 weeks, Comp time banks, 100% Paid Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Paid Training, Paid Gym Membership, CPA Exam Bonus up to $5,000, Paid Time-off for CPA Exams, Referral Bonuses, Paid CPA Study Materials, and much more!
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Brown Armstrong is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time (Part-time opportunities also available)