Client is a rapidly growing family of employee-owned investment management firms that collectively manage equity and fixed income strategies. The company’s support infrastructure includes shared services such as finance, compliance, trading, operations, client communication, marketing and distribution.
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Portfolio Accounting who will be responsible for maintaining the internal books and records for various Mutual Funds, Collective Investment Trusts, Sub-Advised funds, and Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs), as well as providing leadership and oversight to the team. This role may be based out of Los Angeles, Newport Beach, Boston and potentially San Francisco/Bay Area depending on candidate's preferences. The company will have a longterm hybrid work structure.
This position will report to the Head of Investment Operations.
What You Will Do:
· Ensure funds are being accounted for pursuant to the governing fund documents.
· Maintain internal books and records across all Mutual Funds, Collective Investment Trusts, Sub-Advised Accounts, and Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs).
· Review and resolve daily cash and asset reconciliation breaks.
· Review and resolve monthly bank loan reconciliation breaks.
· Review and resolve monthly total market value reconciliation breaks.
· Record and reconcile subscription and redemption activity.
· Review and approve the postings of complex corporate actions.
· Estimate and post monthly closing accruals, management fees.
· Complete monthly reconciliation of Investment holdings, cash, cash equivalents, foreign exchange and pricing to Custodian Bank and/or Third Party Administrator(s).
· Work with Ops to identify funding requirements and overdrafts to ensure cash availability with custodian banks to ensure settlement of executed trades.
· Determine and prepare distributions and draw-downs as needed.
· Coordinate with funds' independent auditors, custodians, prime brokers, and fund administrators.
· Perform ongoing oversight of Fund Administrators and Custodians.
· Lead and manage portfolio accounting team.
· Liaise with performance team as needed to review performance returns for clients.
· Develop and provide weekly and monthly management metrics.
· Partner with managers and other key teams across the firm including Asset Services, Onboarding, Performance, and Trading to improve processes, reduce risk, and implement industry best practices.
· Participate in projects as needed.
What You Will Need:
· 10+ years of portfolio accounting experience
· 6+ years of management experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
· Master’s degree in related area a strong plus
· CPA a strong plus
· Solid knowledge of US GAAP
· Proficiency with Geneva and SS&C Recon
· Advanced MS Excel knowledge
· Solid knowledge of corporate actions
· Solid hands on supervisory experience and the proven ability to manage a cross-location team
· Ability to delegate effectively
· Strong knowledge of performance and understanding of how transactions booked impact performance
· CIPM a strong plus
· Mutual Fund, Collective Investment Trust knowledge preferred
· Prior experience with various products including domestic and international equities, fixed income, bank loans, FX, and options
· Strong critical thinking skills
· Highly analytical and data-driven
· Proactive and able to hit the ground running