Application Support Analyst
CEDAR CX is a leading provider of an innovative, powerful, cloud-based SaaS solution for customer communications management (CCM) and customer experience management (CXM) designed specifically for heavily regulated industries (e.g., banking, auto finance, insurance). We boast a roster of marquee financial services clients and three decades of experience with roots going back to the 1990’s.
CEDAR is seeking a problem-solving predictive thinker to join our Application Services team. Our App Support team supports CEDAR CX’s clients post implementation of services. This is a challenging position with good opportunities for career growth.
Position Specific Competencies:
• Issue resolution and/or root cause analysis of operational issues. Participation in daily Issue Status meetings. Follows issue remediation policies.
• Ability to correlate error logs with CEDAR processes and client impact.
• Utilize Linux commands to search through those logs to identify error conditions.
• Identify java-based kernel logs of processing activity and retrieve them for analysis.
• Interpret system generated error notifications that indicate processing exceptions such as dataflow errors, module exceptions, data transformation exceptions, etc.
MONITORING and ASSURANCE:
• Monitor production processing, outputs and services to ensure that agreed levels of service and other quality metrics are being met. Ensures that processing exceptions are reported for remediation.
• Work with Systems Engineering and Development teams to construct complex database SQL queries to monitor and identify production activity; in particular payment file balancing.
• Manually process customer input & outbound files by retrieving files from file transfer archives using CEDAR’s web service to identify files. Once identified, use Linux commands to move the files to the appropriate destination directory within the customer workflow for processing.
• Monitor client production activity using each client’s job tracking interface and system generated reports and notifications to ensure CEDAR’s meets its SLA and contractual obligations.
SOFTWARE RELEASE PROMOTION ACTIVITIES:
• Participation in software release management and system configuration for application changes. Adheres to deployment and hot fix standards.
DOCUMENTATION and PROCEDURES:
• Understand and follow process documentation. Document procedures, services, issues, and changes as required.
• 1-2+ years of experience supporting complex applications on Linux-based systems.
• Proficiency working in remote Linux-based environments.
• 1-2+ years of experience in relational database SQL to aid testing scenarios and issue resolution.
• 1-2+years of experience in automated testing using proprietary and custom tools.
• Open to peak load and on-call responsibilities, which may result in after-hour and weekend work.
• Strong problem-solving abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong personal accountability for applications and systems under operational control.
• Ability to work well with operation teams, DBAs, software delivery teams, and engineering teams to deliver mission critical services.
• Solid understanding of application change management.
• Experience preferred in Python or another scripting language in order to debug existing scripts.
• Programming knowledge preferred.
• Balance of education and experience sufficient to suggest successful performance in a demanding high-visibility role.
• Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Never pay a deductible in-network with our Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Matching 401k
• 10 vacation days, 5 floating holidays, 7 PTO days and 8 paid holidays
• Business casual
• Flexible work hours
• Work from home opportunities
• Fun, fast-paced environment
• Free workout/gym facility
• Opportunities for advancement