ENTRUST Solutions Group, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 2,500+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Renewables, Power Services, GIS and Data Solutions, Automation Integration, Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Industrial Solutions, Telecommunications, and Process Safety Management.
At ENTRUST, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. We work with a smile, connect easily with others, and believe that work-life balance and a flexible work environment benefits everyone.
In return for top talent, ENTRUST Solutions Group offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
ENTRUST SOLUTIONS GROUP BY THE NUMBERS:
35+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
3000+ Employees company-wide
31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
This position is responsible for performing engineering design on a variety of engineering tasks with ongoing supervision. The Design Specialist receives technical guidance on new design topics that have not been experienced by the Design Specialist. The Design Specialist will work closely with other senior engineers on typical engineering assignments tasks which are not familiar to the Design Specialist.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Applying sound engineering knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments with supervision and assistance from other engineers and managers
· Performing a variety of basic engineering tasks to assist in the production of plans, specifications, reports, diagrams, and engineering documents with supervision by other engineers and supervisors
· Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
· Appropriate technical degree or related experience
· Basic CAD skills preferred
· GIS experience preferred
· 3+ years in electric distribution design (4kV - 69kV) performing basic engineering tasks
· Enthusiasm to be a part of the team and open to learn new skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Unquestioned business and personal integrity
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Understand how to plan a conduit layout.
· Identify different pieces of equipment on the distribution system
· Ability to read and understand civil drawings
· Ability to produce accurate and error-free work
· Ability to learn and acquire skills and knowledge through continuous study/experience
· Ability and enthusiasm to be a team player and work with other to produce products/services
· Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter, work well without supervision
· Ability to extract information/instructions from documentation
· Highly organized and able to multitask and oversee several projects simultaneously
· Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Good listening skills with the ability to learn new processes and systems
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must be able to sit or stand to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours) with the ability to move at will; strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds for short periods; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing, speech, and writing to communicate in person and over the telephone. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel a computer mouse and keyboard, reaching to computer and desk with hands and arms.