Job Description: Specialty Account Manager
Axsome Therapeutics, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company headquartered in New York City, NY.
Axsome is dedicated to developing novel therapies for the management of central nervous system (CNS) disorders. Our pipeline includes medicines aimed at the treatment of depression, migraine, Alzheimer’s disease agitation, smoking cessation, narcolepsy, and fibromyalgia. We are developing our lead product candidate, AXS-05, for multiple CNS indications. Our first NDA for AXS-05 for major depressive disorder has been accepted by the FDA under priority review with an August 22nd decision date anticipated.
We are currently seeking Specialty Account Managers (SAM) to execute commercial activities for assigned geographies, establish relationships with customers, and ensure a successful launch of AXS-05 in major depressive disorder (MDD). This role is field-based and will require gaining access to customers in a clinic or hospital setting while also maximizing your ability to engage through digital channels.
The SAM will be responsible for product performance at a territory level, expected to be a disease category expert, a product champion, provide account management support, and exhibit business knowledge of the local landscape to assess key stakeholders plus future trends within the marketplace.
• Proficiency in both virtual and live customer engagements
• Develop a comprehensive and effective territory business plan aimed at achieving and exceeding annual goals established by commercial leadership
• Promote AXS-05 within approved labeling in a comprehensive, fair, and ethical manner that is consistent with industry specific and corporate legal and regulatory guidelines
• Develop strong customer relationships by better understanding the customer’s needs
• Serve as a resource/consultant to customers and staff regarding payer policies and processes (i.e., eligibility and benefit verification, prior-authorization, and appeals/denials)
• Maximize use of marketing resources to maintain and develop customer relationships for the purpose of growing the customer’s confidence to prescribe Axsome medications for appropriate patients
• Communicate territory activity in an accurate and timely manner as directed by management
• Provide feedback to sales and commercial leadership, colleagues, marketing, and other internal departments about changing environment and results
• Successfully complete all training classes
• Complete administrative duties in an accurate and timely fashion
• Manage efforts within assigned promotional budget
• Effectively collaborate across all corporate functions
• Attend medical congresses and society meetings as needed
• Ensure timely access for patients through patient services and savings programs
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 5 years of field customer experience and/or account management
• Healthcare Professionals with at least 3 years of relevant CNS/Psychiatry experience would also meet the qualifications for this role (e.g. RN, PA/NP, Pharmacist, Pharm. D.)
• Demonstrated experience delivering outstanding results
• Specialty pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical marketing/sales experience
• CNS/Psychiatry experience
• Launch experience strongly preferred
• Experience strategizing within cross-functional teams, utilizing differential resources to achieve business goals
• Proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic environment
• Comfortability with uncertainty and high expectations
• Patient support services experience a plus
• Strong digital marketing aptitude
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
This role will require minimal overnight travel as indicated by the needs of the business.