Why this role is Amazing
Our client has been a leader in the Nuclear Waste Management Industry for over 20 years and recently won a multi-billion-dollar contract. Recognized as the “Business of the Year” in 2018 by the Carlsbad, New Mexico Chamber of Commerce, our client manages and operates the U.S. Department of Energy’s Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) in Carlsbad, NM. This is a long-term Contract Position handling Capital Construction related projects in Southeast, New Mexico. There is the possibility for extension based on company need and Subcontractor performance.
What you get to do:
This long-term Contract Position is focused on full-cycle procurement including:
- Performing needs analysis by assisting in the development of acquisition requests.
- Performing acquisition planning to fulfill purchasing needs.
- Developing overall strategies for managing the acquisition.
- Conducting Request for Proposal (RFP) preparation, bid analysis, cost/price analysis, and source selection.
- Leading technical evaluation teams.
- Negotiating, awarding, and administering purchase orders and subcontracts for construction and specialized products and services.
- Processing complex procurements for manpower and facility requirements.
- Providing support to focus on close-out of subcontracts for transition to permanent records holdings. Organizing, updating and retaining purchase order/subcontract records.
- Reviewing invoices and working with Accounts Payable for timely payment to subcontractors.
What we're looking for:
A Bachelor’s degree in related field with an emphasis in specialty area is preferred; however, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the skills and abilities to perform the position’s duties and accountabilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
We would love 20 years of experience or more in government procurement, contracting or related field with:
- Experience in Federal Contract Management working with Department of Energy (DOE) or Department of Defense (DOD).
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations (DEAR), and Federal Travel Regulations (FTR).
- Experience with Construction Contracts, Services, Staff Augmentation, Engineered Equipment, and Fabrications.
- Knowledge and ability to perform Cost/Price Analysis and Cost Realism analysis.
- Experience conducting negotiations.
- Knowledge and ability to write justification for award documents and negotiation memorandums.
- Ability to work with Program Managers, Engineers, and field personnel to effectively develop statements of work, and independent cost estimates.
- CPCM, or Core FAC certifications such as APDP Level II or DAIWA Level II are a plus.
- Experience working with Oracle and/or People Soft a plus.
- Experience with preparation of solicitation documents and awarding subcontracts in Firm-Fixed Price, Time & Material, Labor Hour and Cost Reimbursement environment.
- Above average ability to teach, train, and guide less experienced subcontractor personnel.
- Provide procurement leadership and support wide variety of standard and specialized procurement activities through application of innovative and creative techniques.
- Interface with technical organizations in development of pre-procurement plans, statements of work, and costs estimates to achieve timely cost-effective procurement actions.
- Negotiate, place, and administer purchase orders and modifications with suppliers for complex material, service, and construction requirements following established policies and procedures. Utilize personal judgment when specific guidance is not provided.
- Perform Market Research for services, major equipment and components.
- Prepare written procurement documents such as Request for Proposals (RFP), negotiation memorandums, cost/price analysis, award justifications, and consent packages to document procurement files.
- Review and settle claims and termination actions.
- Participate in formulation and review of acquisition policies and procedures.
- Participate in section and department wide acquisition reviews as required.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend solutions to company management on issues or concerns related to integration facility activities/readiness, environmental, or quality issues.
We know that talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether or not you're qualified, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
Blackmere is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.