Vice President, Assistant Controller
New York, New York
ISC’s team of Financial Services Recruiters has been retained by a prominent and growing global investment firm. The firm specializes in providing customized global investment management and investment advisory services to their clients – Ultra-High Net Worth individuals, families, trusts, foundations, and endowments. They’re seeking a talented Vice President, Assistant Controller to provide support for geographic expansion and continued growth with the firm going public early 2022.
The Vice President, Assistant Controller will work closely with the Global Controller and will be involved in all financial reporting and control activities across the firm globally. The Assistant Controller will partner with the CFO and Global Controller regarding financial and regulatory audits, and financial reporting across several entities. The Assistant Controller will serve as a strategic team member and consultant with internal and external stakeholders regarding controls, accounting, and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance. CPA designation required.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant accounting experience with publicly traded company.
- Previous public accounting experience preferred inclusive of preparing or reviewing financial statements, footnotes, and disclosures for Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Strong knowledge and experience with GAAP; experience and familiarity with IFRS desirable
- Experience with oversight of multiple entities, managing and reporting across multiple jurisdictions.
- Proficiency with reporting software and systems, e.g. Hyperion, NetSuite, Oracle, or Sage
- Experience with acquisition accounting and integrations, purchase price allocations, consolidations, eliminations, and post M&A financial reporting and systems support.
- Knowledge and familiarity with transfer pricing and different tax regimes across US, Europe, and Asia is desirable.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Rapidly growing and well-established organization.
- The organization is going public Q1 of 2022 and there's tremendous growth opportunity.
- Competitive total compensation program inclusive of base salary, bonus, and profit sharing with excellent benefits.
- Rewarding culture and team within a client focused, family-oriented firm.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with portfolio companies’ controllers and finance teams globally to manage the monthly financial reporting to ensure that month-ends are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly reporting packages and all financial statements across several entities.
- Collaborate with proper stakeholders to prepare and review all financial reports company wide, including within each business line and consolidate across all offices and business.
- Provide support to the Global Controller for financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
- Improve internal control framework and ensure controls are in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Partner with business units to implement and integrate global ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, MIS (Management Information System) and other financial reporting, operation, and control systems.
- Partner with Global Controller and senior leadership on establishing upcoming year financial objectives.
- Continually research and stay well-informed to US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and changes to regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assist with the global audit process.
- Provide support and counsel to global offices on IFRSs and GAAP accounting.
- Assist in accounting for potential merger/acquisitions.
- Perform or support technical accounting analysis, including purchase price allocation (PPA) for acquisitions, goodwill and intangible assets accounting, capitalization vs. expense issues, and revenue recognition.