With the proliferation of 5G comes the spread of new and unique forms of cybersecurity threats. This technology will push beyond cellular devices and into telemedicine appointments, self-driving cars, and the critical infrastructure of our day-to-day lives. In conjunction with concerns of IoT, potential threats are literally multiplying. As with all adoptions of new technology, we are constantly working to find and overcome all of these potential vulnerabilities and to discover ways to strengthen and protect against new threats. Our client is eager to work with experts who are motivated to face and help overcome these challenges in the new world of 5G.
- Identifying problems and implementing solutions for cybersecurity challenges surrounding 5G — paying particular attention to the vulnerabilities that come with the modernization of critical infrastructure assets and systems
- Build quantifiable metrics specifically focused on characterizing how to fix impacts on security, the cost-benefit of that solution, and whether the solution has any unintended consequences
- Work with vendors to understand the security features they have devised for 5G systems and how they are implemented
- Develop and/or continually maintain 5G security standards and a core methodology of how they are applied across various applications and security systems
- Create and oversee security systems to implement in the event of a major 5G security breach, disaster, or other force majeure so that systems are safe and back online as soon as possible
- Leverage new concepts or novel approaches to solve wireless security challenges on a national scale
- Generate ideas for research and write papers related to innovative wireless security concepts
- Participate in projects and collaborate with teams to produce proposals for new work including joint projects within the industry
- Serve as a leader within the field and work as an active participant in wireless security events including leading peer reviews within our client’s organization
- Independently identify new funded work opportunities and potential partnerships
- [Level 2]: BS and 2 years of experience, or master's and 1 year of experience, or PhD
- [Level 3]: BS and 5 years of experience, or master's and 3 years of experience, or PhD plus 2 years of experience
- [Level 4] BS/BA plus 8 plus years of experience, or a master plus 5 years of experience, or a doctorate plus 4 years of experience
- Must have US citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q clearance (equivalent to Top Secret) with appropriate sigmas plus SCI access; applicants already holding at least a Q clearance will be given preference
- Must be willing and able to complete a polygraph and become a full-time member of DOE’s Field Intelligence Element
- Must have a demonstrated record of excellent writing and verbal communication skills combined with proficiency in a technical field
- Applicants will be required to provide a writing sample and give a presentation as part of the interview process
- Qualified candidates must possess strong technical expertise in areas related to wireless communications
- Experience in embedded wireless devices and systems. Strong programming skills in languages including Python, Java, C, C++, and assembly level language
- Strong understanding of operating systems including Linux.
- Experience or familiarity with Software Defined Radio (SDR) and GNU Radio is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written communication
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOE Q-clearance and SCI access, and willingness to complete US Government polygraph upon request
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Thorough understanding of engineering practices (electrical, mechanical, power, or wireless communications) and/or computer science (OT/IT networks, cybersecurity, telecommunication) principles
- Experience in both intelligence analysis and serving as the principal author of intelligence reports for federal, state, and/or local government consumers
- Individuals with a combination of analytic experience and a working knowledge of controls systems, cybersecurity, and/or wireless security issues will be highly competitive
- Applicants with a body of published analyses on industrial control systems in the oil and gas and electric industries, or communications/wireless security will be viewed very favorably
- Published analyses on cybersecurity issues
- Competitive salary
- Medical and dental plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee investment plan
- Personal leave
This position is in Idaho Falls, ID which is a haven for outdoor recreation enthusiasts. It is surrounded by mountains, rivers, reservoirs, trails, slopes, and hot springs. Idaho has the fastest-growing population in the United States and boasts a strong job market. Idaho's Technology Industry is growing at a rate of over 2.8 percent as of 2017, which was the fifth-highest in the nation.
To learn more about Idaho, check out these links:
Please reach out to us directly for further details. We understand talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether you're qualified or not, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses). We are well aware talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether you're qualified, contact us directly so we can discuss your experience in more detail. At Blackmere, we believe innovation and diversity go hand in hand. We are an equal opportunity employer and 100% committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse Blackmere. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.