Our client is seeking a Prisma Cloud Systems Administrator to join their team.
This multi-billion dollar company is one of the most successful and fastest growing technology solution providers in the nation. In this position, you will take part in leading information technology manufacturers, integrators, and resellers to provide our country's federal, state, and local governments and academic institutions with IT solutions that best fit their needs and budgets.
You will join a team of highly qualified people who value integrity, excellence, and a strong work ethic. This position is a great fit for a highly-motivated individual who is passionate about technology and keeping our nation secure from internal and external digital threats.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead customer engagements around Prisma Cloud including deployments, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Consult and guide customers on security standard best practices as it relates to public and private clouds
- Maintain implemented solutions and provide mentorship on code upgrades, changes to the platform, and new technology developments
- Mitigate web-based threats in a timely manner
- Work proactively with our Technical Assistance Center to troubleshoot and diagnose cases as escalations arise
- Work with the sales account team to help formulate a technical strategy to address customer business needs
- Support direct manager in managing business needs through weekly reports and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Engage with the account team to allow them to clearly understand the customer business and technical requirements as you learn through active engagement with the clients in cloud technologies
- Practical experience with public cloud platforms
- Expertise with container orchestration services
- Experience with CloudFormation, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, or GCP Cloud Deployment Manager Templates
- Experience with CI/CD tools, e.g. Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, Gitlab, Chef, Ansible, or OpenShift
- Basic understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with APIs
- Ability to deliver complex solutions in large customer environments both individually and as a team leader
- Experience in customer-facing roles
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and to prioritize tasks accordingly
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience
- The ability to achieve federal clearance levels as needed
- Experience with Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- 401K match
- Paid leave, holidays, and sick days
- Four year anniversary trip
- Free meals during busy seasons
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexibility for travel up to 25%
This is a full time remote position. We understand talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether you're qualified or not, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
Blackmere is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.