Our client is a multi-billion-dollar eCommerce company with global operations in 19 countries and a strong, loyal customer base. Our client has a focus on Wellness, promoting the physical, environmental, financial, and personal wellness of their customers. They manufacture and sell effective, high-quality, natural, health-oriented products, to help people live more vibrant, healthier, and happier lives. We are looking for a Sr. Sitecore Architect to design high quality solutions for business partners and managing the day-to-day technical excellence of the Sitecore team.
The architect should have a deep understanding of the software development life cycle, Sitecore development best practices, and possess the ability to implement and execute standard software architecture patterns. Familiarity with Azure DevOps and CI/CD is strongly preferred. The architect should also be a strong Sitecore developer who is comfortable in taking on any technical challenge or task. They will be providing best-fit architectural solutions and be responsible for defining scope and sizing of work. They will provide solution architecture to solve for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, as well as design and develop complex features to fulfill the business needs of our internal clients.
The architect will collaborate with other Sitecore Front-End and Back-End developers to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions. They will contribute thought leadership, provide mentorship, perform systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and write documentation. Our requirements will challenge skills, providing the architect with the opportunity to design and implement leading-edge solutions through a diversity of work across multiple technology platforms and tools, including, but not limited to: Azure, AWS, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, et al.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Provide architectural assessments, strategies, and roadmaps for one or more technology domains.
- Lead projects within architecture. Work with Business Partner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Support Agile teams with planning, scoping and creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Detailed design, development and unit / integration testing utilizing the appropriate methodologies, technology and tools.
- Practice strong configuration management and version control.
- Production of deliverables such as detailed design documentation, unit test plans and well documented code.
- Ensure deliverables are of the highest quality to promote business stakeholder satisfaction.
- Ability to work independently with a focus on first-time quality without requiring excessive review by more senior team members.
- Mentor and guide junior developers to help them grow their technical and consulting capabilities.
- Maintain technical excellence in the execution and the delivery of implementations of varying scope.
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical leadership.
- Demonstrate broad technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Establish reputation as a thought leader in the technical community.
- Independently manage assigned tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned, or needed.
- Supervision of Others: Supervises staff by performing such duties as recommending employment status (i.e., hiring, terminating, promotions, issuing warnings, etc.), interviewing applicants, counseling, training, scheduling, resolving conflicts, coordinating with other departments, conducting associate meetings, recommending wage increases, etc.
- Prior Technical Architect in at least one architectural discipline and knowledgeable in at least two other disciplines – business analysis, applications/systems engineering, data/information architectures, or technical architectures.
- Proven experience managing solution architectures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to bridge strategic vision and tactical implementation.
- Passionate coder with at least 8 years of development experience on the Microsoft ASP.NET stack, and at least 3 years of development experience on the Sitecore MVC platform with superior code quality.
- Expert-level knowledge of modern technologies and software development practices and patterns.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must be flexible to new situations and challenges.
- Strong consulting and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with various departments/stakeholders in pursuit of problem solutions.
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Experience working on a B2B eCommerce website.
- Experience integrating with several backend systems and integration testing.
- Significant, demonstrated experience and expertise in the following technologies: Sitecore Experience Platform, ASP.NET MVC/Web API, Object-oriented/architectural design patterns, Infrastructure design and DevOps, Modern front-end development, xConnect / xDB (in Sitecore 9.x +), Unicorn.
Experience and expertise in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure, including Azure App Services, Azure SQL, Azure Active Directory, and Azure Virtual Machines.
- Continuous Deployment/Release Management with Azure DevOps
- Deep understanding of the digital marketing capabilities of Sitecore and best practices for customization and implementation
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to explain technical considerations, trade-offs and recommendations to both technical and non-technical client representatives
Just as important as your experience and skills will be the following characteristics and competencies:
- A natural orientation for continuous improvement and problem solving.
- A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing.
- Sharp organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to produce consistent quality under deadline pressure while paying careful attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and create solutions.
- Detailed work and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and professionally.
We are well aware that talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether or not you're qualified, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
At Blackmere, we believe innovation and diversity go hand in hand. We are an equal opportunity employer and 100% committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse Blackmere. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.