Job Title: Hybrid Working - Account Executive
Main purpose of the role
· Proactively seek and acquire new clients to expand the commercial book of business.
· Nurture a pipeline of quality prospects using a marketing led approach.
· Identify opportunities to cross-sell products from a portfolio of specialist cover.
· Provide expert knowledge, advice and service to your clients, becoming an extension of their management team.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
· Generate and nurture leads through to completion, ensuring that agreed income targets are met.
· Service and renew a client account to agreed expectations and targets.
· Proactively manage an existing pipeline of leads, working closely with the marketing and telemarketing team.
· Ensure client relationships are nurtured throughout the client lifecycle, with an emphasis on understanding the needs of the client and the risks they face.
· Proactively manage pipelines, identifying new business opportunities.
· Conduct comprehensive insurance programme reviews with new and existing clients, either by telephone or face-to-face, ensuring all demands and needs are recorded and met.
· Conduct gap analysis on existing insurance programmes and identify opportunities to cross-sell specialist covers.
· Represent clients to the market in a professional and diligent manner by producing quality risk presentations.
· Maintain systems and records to the highest possible standards, in accordance with compliance guidelines.
· Prepare and issue all client documentation to clients in accordance with compliance guidelines.
· Maintain strong working relationships with our partner insurers.
· Work with underwriters and insurers to negotiate the best possible terms for clients at new business, renewal, and in the event of a claim.
· Develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders both internally (managers, other departments) and externally (professional services, insurers, suppliers).
· Continual Professional Development to maintain market leading knowledge in your chosen sector.
· Operate within the published policies and procedures of the company.
· Participate in a weekly Sales Team Meeting with the Sales Manager to discuss team performance, pipeline activity, weekly progress reports and KPIs.
· Monthly 1:2:1 with the Sales Manager to discuss individual performance, KPIs, personal and professional development and targets.
· Energetic, highly motivated with a determination to succeed.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· An active listener who attends to the client’s needs.
· Entrepreneurial attitude that is excited about the growth of an independent insurance broker.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, effectively managing relationships across teams, departments and with third party contacts.
· Ability to prioritise tasks and manage a busy workload, ensuring requests for support are met in a timely manner.
· Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to think “outside of the box”.
· Detail orientated with the ability to critically analyse documents.
Knowledge & Experience
· A minimum of two years’ experience in a commercial insurance role.
· Proven track record of working within a sales environment, generating new business, and working towards income targets.
· Delivering results to tight deadlines.
· A minimum insurance qualification of Cert CII (or working towards).
· Comprehensive knowledge of the UK General Insurance industry having previously worked within a growth orientated commercial insurance business.
· Experience of managing and growing a portfolio of business.
· Previous experience using Acturis for sales administration and renewals.
· Relationship building skills within the insurance market and wider business community.
· An awareness of key market trends, people of influence and emerging risks.