EN Engineering, an ENR Top 100 company, is a community of people, 2,500+ strong, who are committed to our clients and each other. We are diverse, talented, dedicated, and wholly focused on not only meeting the needs of our clients but exceeding their expectations.
We provide comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to gas and electric utilities, telecommunication service providers, pipeline operators, and industrial companies. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Renewables, Power Services, GIS and Data Solutions, Automation Integration, Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Industrial Solutions, Telecommunications, and Process Safety Management.
At EN, we work together as a team to accomplish more than we would individually, delivering innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients’ needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are passionate about what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for. We work with a smile, connect easily with others, and believe that work-life balance and a flexible work environment benefits everyone.
In return for top talent, EN Engineering offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
EN ENGINEERING BY THE NUMBERS:
35+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
2500+ Employees company-wide
31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
Title: Control Systems Engineer III/IV
Reports to: Project Manager/Sr. Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revision History: February 8, 2022
EN Automation, a division of EN Engineering, provides comprehensive and dependable automation solutions to natural gas & oil pipeline infrastructures, gas distribution, chemical processing, electric power generation & distribution, food & beverage processing, and various types of manufacturing facilities. Our Control System Engineers develop sophisticated industrial automation, plant control, database and data communication applications, using state-of-the-art software.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Displays an interest and passion for work
· Demonstrates a strong focus on internal/external clients,
· Promotes teamwork by demonstrating effective communication skills and collaboration with peers, management, and the client
· Works efficiently while producing a level of quality work set by EN Engineering and client expectations.
· Complies with safety requirements by following all safety procedures and reporting/documenting safety incidences.
· Displays leadership abilities including honesty, integrity, and professionalism across the business.
· 2-3 years of relevant working experience
· Demonstrate basic knowledge in process controls, P&IDs, and instrumentation/control equipment
· Collaborate and communicate with team, supervisor, and clients
· Ability to articulate concepts and ideas both contextually and visually
· Contribute to the design and development for assigned projects
· Perform startups, troubleshooting and commissioning support at client location
· Demonstrate time management, problem solving, and organizational skills with each assigned project
· Ability to take direction from project lead/supervisor to execute work efficiently
· Provides application/control systems design and development for systems of varying complexity
· Perform programming and engineering tasks in supportive and leading roles at all stages of projects
· Actively develops and maintains relationships with new and existing clients
· Ability to adapt to new challenges
· Provide training and mentoring to CSE I/II while also providing guidance and direction
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. All Control System Engineer roles requires the ability to travel between 25-40% both locally and overnight and requires the ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas.