Are you passionate about mental health awareness?
Do you have 3+ years’ experience in peer-to-peer fundraising?
We are currently in search of an Area Director for a Mental Health Foundation. The position is based in San Diego, California. This is a Permanent, Full-Time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Mental Health Foundation
LOCATION: Must be based in the San Diego County area (100% work from home)
POSITION TITLE: Area Director
DURATION: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: $70,000 - $75,000 annual salary with great benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Senior Director, this role is responsible for fundraising for the San Diego Chapter of the foundation through peer-to-peer fundraising, events, and walks. The candidate will also implement and lead approved programs and will oversee volunteer recruitment, management and training. Our ideal candidate has experience working in the nonprofit sector and is passionate about advocating for mental health awareness. The candidate will be highly organized, flexible, and excited to take ownership over all aspects of the role and be a part of an impactful team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 3+ years of nonprofit peer-to-peer fundraising experience, specifically coordinating Walks
· Proven experience in volunteer recruitment and management
· A background in the mental health/health space a plus
· Passionate about mental health awareness
· Highly organized, adaptable, excellent communicator
· Excels at working from home and working independently
How You Will Spend Your Day:
· Implement Chapter Walks and other approved fundraising within the San Diego market including additional fundraising events
· Implement approved programs within the assigned market area including survivor programs, education programs and awareness initiatives
· Responsible for development and support of the Chapter board and committees within the market
· In conjunction with Chapter Boards, develop business plan and budget for the San Diego market
· Responsible for volunteer management, including recruiting, training, assigning and recognizing volunteers within assigned market area
· Maintain fiscal management, including relationships with vendors, handling cash, expense management and working with National Office on accounts payable and receivables
· Other duties as assigned by Director
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Area Director, San Diego” in the subject line.