Asymmetric Talent Solutions is the trusted recruiting partner for the pioneer in sports technology, SportsMedia Technology. Servicing hundreds of major U.S and international sports events, as well as major sports broadcasters, teams and organizing bodies, SMT is a sports technology powerhouse unequaled in the industry. Through innovative real-time and wireless data and display systems, their impact is evident in every major international sport on the world’s stage.
They designed and developed the official scoring, statistics, and onsite live presentation systems for the NBA, the NHL, the PGA TOUR, NASCAR, the CrossFit Games, all four golf majors, and the four tennis slams.
SMT's edge includes innovative biometrics and player and object tracking, mobile apps, analytics, video production services, wireless information systems, and on-site services. They serve as the primary provider for pinnacle world-renowned events, including tennis, golf, the Olympics, NHL, NBA, the New York City Marathon, and CrossFit Games.
The IPTV Services Manager is a newly created position for expansion and specialization as industry technology has evolved.
This role has no direct reports. Subject to change.
Specializing in networks and IPTV, the IPTV Services Manager will be responsible for managing the design and installation of technical operations at events.
· Coordinate and implement solutions for digital signage, IPTV, video streaming content integrated across various platforms
· Travel to client sites to deploy network, cabling, hardware, and software used at events
· Review customer sites and create network design
· Coordinate and implement system installations, upgrades, and life cycle refreshes
· Create, maintain, and review configuration and testing of systems
· Create, maintain, and review technical support documentation of systems
· Communicate and conduct training and best practices to our technical support teams (on site and remote)
· Provide recommendations for future products, enhancements, and services
· Identify and resolve network issues relating to operations independently and without direct supervision
· Create and maintain positive working relationships with clients and team members
· Complete special hardware and software related projects as directed for clients and users
· 3-5 years of network installation, configuration, and hardware experience
· Comprehensive knowledge of AV systems, with an emphasis on the design of IPTV, streaming and digital signage
· Strong L2/L3 switching, multicast protocols, inter-VLAN routing.
· Experience with live and file-based video encoding, converting/transcoding various inputs (SDI, NDI, NTSC/ATSC, etc)
· Public/Private IP addressing and basic subnetting
· Installing, terminating, testing audio/video cables, connectors, etc
· LAN deployment
· Cisco Switches/Routers
· Wireless networking
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with clients, team members, management, and other vendors
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Mature troubleshooting abilities required
· Ability to obtain a passport and travel to worldwide locations
· Commitment to travel 120-150 days per year
· Lift 50-75 pounds daily
· Ruckus Wireless experience
· Cisco CLI proficiency
· Basic knowledge of scripting for network automation
· Haivision, Exterity, encoders/decoders/gateways
· Fluency in a foreign language helpful (any)
More understanding about field networks
· Addressing is typically already defined.
· Networks vary from event to event.
· Dress code varies on a per event basis. Typical dress can be defined as a polo and khakis. Shorts are typical for set up days but may otherwise be dictated by the client.
· It requires a good amount of travel to international locations, typically 120-150 days per year
· Fully paid travel and expenses. In house travel agent for all travel accommodations. Daily per diem for food ~$50. NO receipts required.
2022 Event/Travel Info
· 100+ days from May-December in 2022
In between projects (when you are not traveling)
· Taking some time off (volume TBD) is typical after events, especially those with extensive periods of travel.
· Will be back in home office preparing for upcoming events including planning, testing, and staging equipment.
· Depending on cadence of upcoming events you may jump into other projects to help where needed, generally at a lesser level if duty.
Relocation coverage will be dependent on candidate needs. Generally, does not exceed $5,000 and will be paid out by candidate preference – reimbursement or bonus.
[Target] Salary up to $80,000. This number is not set in stone. Require more? ALL Ideal candidates will be considered.
Day in life based on project
· Will fly in a day or two prior to event set up
· Conduct site survey (team involved)
· Hit it hard on set up. Unload truck (team)
· Set up and construct network
· Test – Will partner with broadcast team (until day of event)
· Each event will have its own review. Improvements, challenges, etc., so you will receive feedback in real time
· Formal annual performance reviews will be conducted
· Merit increases every 12 months and average 2-4%.
· Two Medical Plans – Premier and Basic
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Long-term and short-term Disability plans
· Life & AD/D Insurance Plan
· 401(k) Plan
· Ten Paid Holidays
· Generous Paid Time Off/PTO plan
· Confidential employee assistance program
Interview with Manager and department director. Given their availability our goal will be to conduct simultaneously. This can be on site and/or virtual depending on candidate location.
· It is possible you may leave for an event very quickly
The position requires US work authorization.
If a candidate ever needs employment sponsorship in the future our client will have no problem with assistance but cannot be required to start working.
This role is a full-time direct employee of our client.