This is a rapidly evolving field; applicants should have an interest in learning new technologies and exploring new methods. Our client focuses on building solutions and developing high-impact initiatives focused on energy, national security, and the environment. The person in the front-end engineer position will work closely with both government and private sector officials and have the ability to effect change on a national and global scale.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying mission challenges and formulate front end solutions methodically
- Embracing engineering excellence and delivering quality results at scale
- Employing expertise with high-level programming languages, such as Python or Java
- Mentor junior scientists and engineers
- Applying good design and innovative problem-solving skills to solve challenging technical problems
- Initiating personal direction and goals
- Staying up to date about industry developments
- BS/BA with 5 years of experience, MS/MA with three years of professional experience, or Ph.D. with one year of professional experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills plus the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Passionate and self-motivated with good time management skills
- Ability to work with varying technologies
- Must be able to obtain a federal security clearance — candidate must be a US citizen
- Degree in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, or related field
- Expertise in React/Redux
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices and software project lifecycles
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Proficiency with GraphQL
- Proficiency in designing Restful APIs
- Experience with containers and/or Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Active Federal Q Clearance and ability to maintain such clearance
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plus health savings account and emergency travel insurance
- Tuition assistance, graduate-level educational stipend program, and career development programs
- Personal interest clubs and professional networks, miles of on-site walking paths, travel events, workshops, lectures, sports and recreation activities
- Two weeks of paid vacation to start, ten paid holidays per year, sick leave, maternity leave, educational leave, flexible work hours, and a teleworking program
- Discounts on mobile phone, home/auto insurance, fitness, computer, travel and hotels, local dining, and transit passes
- Pension plan, supplemental 401(k) savings plan with employer match
This is a full-time position based in Richland, WA. Please reach out to us directly for further details.
We understand talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether you're qualified or not, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
At Blackmere, we believe innovation and diversity go hand in hand. We are an equal opportunity employer and 100% committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse Blackmere. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.