Blackmere’s mission is to connect brilliant people with inspiring opportunity. Since 2011, our commitment to build strong, positive and innovative communities has started right here at home on the Blackmere team. We are dedicated to integrity, innovation and excellence in both recruitment and technology and are constantly iterating, solving problems and empowering internal and external teams to build a better world.
10,000 Foot View
Our Dallas based, healthcare client is looking for an expert in Azure Cloud Architecture. This is a critical role with responsibility for leading cloud strategy, deployment and configuration on a large scale. Ideally, we are looking for an Azure MVP or someone aspiring to that level of challenge. This is an opportunity to bring a motivated organization into full cloud maturity through the design of a well architected framework. This will require technical strength, a deep understanding of governance, the vision of an expert strategist and the passion of an evangelist.
While the role can be based in Dallas, and we are happy to entertain a fully remote option with as needed travel to facilitate direct connections with the technical and leadership teams.
What’s in it for YOU
- The ability to work with a leader in healthcare services
- Outstanding team and culture with room to grow
- Remote work that won’t end as the pandemic eases
- The ability to make a real impact on virtualization strategy with the Executive backing and financial resources you need to get the right job done
- Room to build, develop and manage a Cloud Services strategy capability encompassing architecture, design, configuration, deployment and support of critical enterprise public cloud computing infrastructure, supporting all server operating systems, networking, directory services, backup solutions, cloud-native PAAS and other enterprise system-level applications
- Collaborate directly with the Executive Leadership as well as the Architecture, Infrastructure and Technology teams to review current systems and recommend enhancements
- Lead the cloud architecture and technology design, identify gaps and recommend enhancements
- Build, mentor and maintain an informed, inspired, and engaged team of cloud experts
- Create a culture of learning and data-driven decision making
- Crisply communicate the cloud strategy to the Executive Team and critical customers
- Document everything. For real. We are highly distributed; asynchronous communication is key
- Outstanding benefits including full medical, unlimited time off and sick days, wellness perks, and many others
Ideally, you have…
- 5 years’ specialized experience in designing, building, and automating solutions utilizing AWS and Azure cloud technologies and services including health monitoring, data security, capacity metering, cloud pricing, cloud expense management, high availability/resiliency.
- In-depth, practical experience with Public Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, trends, and industry-leading cloud vendor offerings.
- Familiar with the interworking of Web applications and relational databases.
- Strong knowledge of network theory, rules, practices, and principles.
- Experience with setup of disaster recovery and High availability solutions using cloud-native technologies and best practices.
- IT related degree, Associates or Bachelor program, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Bonus points for:
- MS in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Public cloud certifications (AWS SysOPs, SA, DevOps, MCSE-Cloud, MCSD-Azure)
- Microsoft certifications
- VMWare Certifications
- Linux Certifications
- Citrix Certifications
- Cisco Certifications
Blackmere is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.