Blackmere’s mission is to connect brilliant people with inspiring opportunity. Since 2011, our commitment to build strong, positive and innovative communities has started right here at home on the Blackmere team. We are dedicated to integrity, innovation and excellence in both recruitment and technology and are constantly iterating, solving problems and empowering internal and external teams to build a better world.
10,000 Foot View
Our Cyber Security R&D-focused client is looking for an experienced cyber security engineer with deep knowledge of supply chain systems and the drive to pursue impactful, long-term solutions. Direct experience with supply chain and/or OT systems is a must. This role works collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team in support of the nation’s complex, global, national, homeland and energy security challenges. We are looking for creative, innovative individuals with a passion for cyber, critical supply chain integrity and the national security mission.
What's in It for YOU
The opportunity to:
- Design, deploy, and operate systems, networks, applications, and tools that underpin cyber security and cyber defense
- Expertly integrate hardware, software, and other components to solve operational challenges for cyber defenders
- Leverage your experience in data and systems engineering functions to support cyber operations activities and systems related to supply chain integrity
- Develop and deploy security and defensive countermeasures and controls, ensuring successful execution of security requirements, systems analysis, systems design, security hardening, security test and evaluation, and certification and accreditation
- Directly support vulnerability scanning, network, and system security configuration, etc.
- Conceptualize and architect new approaches and techniques for cyber defense and resiliency
- Interface with external entities including law enforcement, intelligence and other government organizations and agencies
- Collaborate with partners, providing experience and guidance to research and development applying cybersecurity to supply chain integrity missions
- Satisfy your curiosity and natural inclination for continuous learning
- Enjoy outstanding benefits and the ability to truly make a difference
What You Offer
- BS/BA with 0-1 years of experience MS/MA with 0 years of experience
- BS/BA with 2 years of experience, or MS/MA with 0-2 years of experience, or PhD with 0 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand, deploy, and operate a range of cybersecurity tools
- Intermediate level knowledge in computer science and cyber security
- Experience with programming languages
- Knowledge of supply chain analyses including hardware, software, and corporate research
- Experience with hardware or software deconstruction, design, or reverse engineering
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with clients and laboratory scientific staff and management
- Red team or blue team experience
- Experience with operational technology (OT) or SCADA equipment
- Understanding of IoT technology and devices
- Wide understanding of current cybersecurity vulnerabilities and operational landscape
You also must be an U.S. citizen in order to acquire a DOE Q Level security clearance, as well as higher clearance levels as required.
Blackmere is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.