This requirement supports DISA DoDNET. An overview of the program can be found here: https://info.tangoalpha3.com/hubfs/Presentations/Candidate%20Presentation/DoDNet%20Overview%20Program%20&%20Open%20Requirements-1.pdf
Sr. Network Engineer with Wireless Experience
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of an enterprise wireless solution as well as supporting the Infrastructure Team with other day-to-day tasks that includes change management, authorized service interruptions, device updates and STIGs
The position also requires familiarity with troubleshooting networks and application performance issues using a variety of troubleshooting tools.
· Technical experience with IP networking and extensive knowledge of technologies such as Spanning tree, HSRP/VRRP, IPsec, VPN, OSPF, MPLS
· Extensive knowledge and expertise with IP routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF and BGP
· Knowledge of Cisco encryption technologies (IPSec, SSL), standby protocols; HSRP/VRRP/GLBP
· Self-sufficient and can make engineering decisions within the documented process
· Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex systems and network environments
· Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
· Performs Site Surveys to conduct technical analysis of the network and wireless infrastructure at locations worldwide, to record/update system diagrams, rack elevations, and power requirements for network devices.
· Develops BOM or labor estimates as part of a Project Implementation Plan, for activities outside the scope of standard maintenance.
· Installation projects include developing installation plans and/or SOPs to include estimated schedule/milestones.
· Apply DoD network cybersecurity and DISA STIG requirements.
· Maintenance and transition support providing technical expertise to design, install, remove, analyze, and test, to sustain the wireless infrastructure utilizing best practices.
· Documents wireless infrastructures in the DoDNet Cable Plant Management System application, the NIPRNET and SIPRNET wall chart, and individual site system drawings, which include rack elevation diagrams and other equipment locations, etc., in Visio and pdf file format.
· Wireless infrastructure SOP development, maintenance and repair status reports, configuration management documentation, operational instructions, and engineering specifications.
· Wireless Infrastructure Site Survey Reports, SOPs, implementation plans, and preventative maintenance schedules
· Produces detailed monthly activity reports
· Develops and delivers technical presentations for customers
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Communications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other related discipline and 4 years of experience or a combination of applicable education
· Network or other Certifications needed or specialty experience:
· CCNP Wireless, ACMP, ACMX, or ECSE are all relevant certifications
· Security+CE (or appropriate DoDM 8570 Baseline Certification)
· IAT Level II certification is required before start
· Minimum Secret Clearance
· Must be US Citizen
This position may involve up to 30% travel
Location: Fort Meade, MD