A world-class legacy research institution is searching for a Senior Cloud Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity for a curious and dynamic person who thrives in collaborative settings that value positivity, meaningful work, and innovation.
This position addresses critical societal issues by developing data processing/storage systems utilizing cloud, parallel, and distributed architectures. Our client provides capabilities in data pipelines, ETL, applied analytics, large-scale data repositories, and integrations with mission-driven solutions.
This team focuses on building solutions and developing high-impact initiatives focused on energy, national security, and the environment. The person in the senior cloud engineer role will work closely with both government and private sector officials and have the ability to effect change on a national and global scale.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying mission challenges and formulate cloud engineering solutions methodically
- Consistently demonstrating outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Embracing engineering excellence and delivering quality results at scale
- Employing expertise with a high-level programming language, such as Python or Java
- Mentoring junior scientists and engineers
- Applying good design and innovative problem-solving skills to solve challenging technical problems
- Initiating personal direction and goals
- Staying current about industry developments
- Ability to work with different technologies
- BS/BA with five years of experience, MS/MA with three years of experience, or Ph.D. with one year of experience
- Passionate and self-motivated with good time management skills
- Must be able to obtain a federal security clearance — candidate must be a US citizen
- Degree in computer science, engineering, applied mathematics, or a related field
- Three to five years of experience in designing or deploying large-scale and high-performance AWS, Azure, and/or GCP cloud-based systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices
- Five plus years Python/Scala/Java development experience
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices
- Strong cloud architecture and implementation experience
- Cloud certifications
- Familiar with machine learning algorithms
- Hands-on experience with machine learning pipeline development
- Active Federal Q Clearance and ability to maintain such clearance
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plus health savings account and emergency travel insurance
- Tuition assistance, graduate-level educational stipend program, and career development programs
- Personal interest clubs and professional networks, miles of on-site walking paths, travel events, workshops, lectures, sports and recreation activities
- Two weeks of paid vacation to start, ten paid holidays per year, sick leave, maternity leave, educational leave, flexible work hours, and a teleworking program
- Discounts on mobile phone, home/auto insurance, fitness, computer, travel and hotels, local dining, and transit passes
- Pension plan, supplemental 401(k) savings plan with employer match
This is a full-time position based in Richland, WA. Remote work is possible. The client has additional work sites as well. Please reach out to us directly for further details. We understand talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether you're qualified or not, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
At Blackmere, we believe innovation and diversity go hand in hand. We are an equal opportunity employer and 100% committed to maintaining an inclusive and diverse Blackmere. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other legally protected status.