Hi, nice to meet you, this is Sam and Peter, the founders of TestBox. Late last year we raised our seed round and are looking for our first product hire to start building out the founding team. We’re currently a team of 8 but growing quickly.
We were recently featured in TechCrunch and Product Hunt. You’ll be one of the first team members to help us define the product vision/strategy behind this category-defining solution.
First, a bit about us: TestBox is the first Customer-Led software buying platform. TestBox empowers customers to test out enterprise software products side by side as if they were already implemented in their own environment before they buy.
Here’s a quick video walkthrough of TestBox today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9b3AfroN_g&t=1s
Hear from some of our users on why they’re so excited to use TestBox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68LFqCR6Gw
As our first Product Manager, you’ll use your deep expertise and user-centric vision to make TestBox insanely easy to use, a joy to play with, and bring confidence to our customers when they are buying software. You will work closely with our UX Designer, engineering team, CTO, and CEO, to build the best self-serve buying experience possible.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build the future of software and change the enterprise/B2B landscape by creating a delightful software buying experience that users enjoy and recommend to their friends and colleagues
- Own entirely new product areas (e.g., TestBox for Sales, TestBox Insights) from the ground up and drive continued product improvements on the core TestBox offering
- Collaborate with the CEO to build product product roadmap and prioritization
- Collaborate with our lead product designer on feature planning, product requirements, and ongoing user research
- Collaborate with the CTO to assess feasibility, establish development timelines,, drive alignment, manage delivery, and ensure high quality output
- Serve as the central control point for the Product org and any external vendors supporting product development efforts
- Communicate cross-functionally on progress towards delivery and technical challenges; proactively find solutions to roadblocks as they arise
- Be awesome - lead by example, learn new things, grow your skills/capabilities, tell the founders they are wrong... you get the idea
You’re a great fit for the role if you have...
- Most importantly: intellectual curiosity, creative solutions, the ability to make it happen despite ambiguity, a desire to grow, and are a kind human
- 3 - 6 years Product Management experience - though we want to hire for potential so if you think you’d be a great fit, please apply anyway as we’d love hear from you
- Comfort with taking high-level guidance and translating it into a specific, actionable path forward
- Experience managing complex projects involving both internal stakeholders and external vendors and partners, while driving alignment and fostering collaboration
- The ability to work alongside engineers to overcome technical roadblocks
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle for a startup environment
- A collaborative approach to product development and dedication to always bringing stakeholders along the journey
- Excitement to create an inclusive team culture, bring your energy to the company, and inspire those around you
Why you’ll love working with us
- We’re committed to DEIB (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging) and have placed the fostering of an inclusive and psychologically safe environment at the forefront of our company culture efforts - and we want you to play a major part in that
- Mental health services contribution to cover/contribute to co-pay costs (both Sam and Peter are big weekly therapy advocates)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave with an option to do part-time return to work
- Pre-tax FSA, medical, dental, and vision coverage (because we all deserve to not worry about our healthcare)
- Fitness reimbursement (we love cycling and want you to love whatever keeps you active)
- Learning budget (there’s always something we should collectively know more about)
- Unlimited PTO (with a minimum 15 days per year - none of this no vacation business, Sam typically takes 20-25 days a year)
- Work from Home remote set-up allowance
- We have a large Employee Stock Options Pool so we can reward our amazing founding team members
- We want your career to grow here and are invested in helping you develop as a PM and as a leader in the company. We will work with you from day 1 to hype your achievements and help you grow to the potential you want. We hire for trajectory, not past performance
- We have investors who we love working with and feel incredibly supported by them so aren’t rushed into a pure growth mindset or making poor short-term decisions
- And more! We're always looking for ways to better support our team and want to hear about and potentially support the benefits that mean the most to you
Salary range: $120-140k with 0.5-1% equity dependent on experience
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.