Why Join EN Trust:
· Generous PTO!
· Great Benefits! Starts within 30 days
· Tremendous Growth Opportunities!
· Mentoring Opportunities!
JobTitle: Broadband Technician
ReportsTo: Director of Network Engineering
Department: Network Operations
Position Type: Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt; Salary
Schedule: M-F; flexible schedule between 7:00 AM – 6: 00 PM. Some nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Work Location: Knoxville, TN, Preferred – Southwest Region
*Required Travel: 50% as needed*
FiberRise, an ENTRUST Solutions Group Company is seeking a Broadband Technician to join our growing team. We have a high-performance culture, with high customer expectations. The expected growth in business over the coming years makes this an exciting time to join our organization. Under direct supervision, the Broadband Technician is accountable for assisting Network Engineers with designing, operating, maintaining enterprise network systems and maintains and utilizes network management applications to identify network faults. Only qualified candidates that live in or are willing to relocate to the Knoxville, TN area will be considered.
- Alerts manager or more experienced technicians of wired and wireless network failures, bandwidth degradation, or signal weakness, and assists in performing corrective action
- Monitors LAN and WAN switches, and optical access equipment
- Communicates and updates orders, tickets, documentation, etc.
- Completes tasks in a way that minimizes network outages and maximizes customer uptime.
- Monitors alarms
- Customer Prem RG WIFI and ONT Equipment and Telecommunications Networks
- Maintains fiber optic and CAT5/6 cables
- Wiring color codes
- Proper fiber connector cleaning procedures
- Upgrading of network equipment
- Performs periodic checks of redundancy in network
- Configures CPE equipment
- Associate degree (or higher) with 2+ years basic technical telecommunications experience OR a High School Diploma (or GED) with 4+ years technical experience with telecommunications products and/or services
- Must be able to distinguish between color variations
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to work some nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Basic IP networking knowledge is a plus
- CCNA desirable
- The qualified applicate will be trained on the following electronic equipment/processes in the maintenance of telecom networks such as:
- ADTRAN TA5000
- Arista Routers and Ethernet Switches
- Juniper MX Routers
- Juniper QFX Switches
- Fiber optic FDP and Splitter Shelves
- DC Power Systems
- Batteries Plants
- Housekeeping Alarms
- Heating and Cooling Systems
- The position requires manual dexterity, standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, kneeling, sitting for extended periods, and crouching. The employee will occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to 70 pounds. Requires the ability to hear, speak, and/or signal people to convey potential or actual safety hazards and exchange information to include receiving assignments or direction from co-workers and supervisors.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone in a professional mannerism.