Sr Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer will develop and deploy plans of network systems what will meet and organizations requirements for performance, security and compliance with relevant standards and regulations. Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Being a Senior Network Engineer defines monitoring, maintenance, expansion, contingency and recovery plans and strategies to ensure the network is responsive to changes in demands. Troubleshoots network issues and develops appropriate solutions resources and deployment processes. Additionally Senior Network Engineer keeps informed of the latest technologies to enhance knowledge of networking hardware, software and best practices. Usually is certified in vendor specific products. Achievements and depth of knowledge of specializations or field is the main differentiator. Advisory role on complex and challenging projects and initiatives. Recognized for deep technical and industry knowledge and innovative thinking. Provides thought leadership and guidance to a functional area and the organization.
Senior Network Engineer is responsible for overall Network Operations to ensure the stability of the organization’s IT Network infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, planning, configuration, implementation, capacity management, and maintenance. Level 2/Level 3 support of Network systems is required. Additionally, the Senior Network Engineer's responsibilities include but are not limited to the following in a 24/7/365 manufacturing environment:
• Provide mentoring and leadership for the infrastructure team.
• Create and execute departmental business plans.
• Work with other IT members to develop and implement IT infrastructure policies, procedures, and standards to ensure compliance with industry regulations and best practices.
• Manage vendor relationships and negotiate contracts and service level agreements with third-party providers.
• Participate in strategy meetings and ensure departmental resources are aligned with the overall strategy and business plan of the Business Unit.
• Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
• Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
• Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation, maintaining documentation.
• Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Perform routine systems/user administration tasks and monitor systems security.
• Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets, monitoring expenses.
• Create and manage effective best practice risk management processes including change management, access security, root cause analysis, etc. Define, document, deploy and execute these processes.
• Provide effective technical interfaces to other areas of IT as required.
• Communicate clearly technology issues, plans and solutions from both a business perspective and a technical perspective.
• Quarterly reviews with team members utilizing the designated forms put in place by management.
• Team Lead will assist in duties such as On-Call rotation, Wiki documentation standardization and metrics reporting.
• Level 2/Level 3/Architecture support as necessary.
• Actively participate in the SOX Change Control and Logical Security Processes. Provide after-hour technical support for infrastructure issues. Participate in an on-call rotation when necessary to perform off-shift batch processing and helpdesk services. Will travel domestically 25-50% of the time to our various sites within the US.
Education and/or experience:
• Thorough understanding of Microsoft Products, IP Networking, Active Directory, Cloud Infrastructure (Azure), Network Infrastructure (Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Meraki), Cradle Point, PC Hardware, Voice, Wireless, Zero Trust .
Bachelor’s degree in CS/MIS/CIS/Engineering or equivalent experience and at least 5 years’ experience in the field or in a related area
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to read and process complex technical information.
• Strong technical skills with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Excellent organizational and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated hands on experience with Active Directory and networking fundamentals (TCP/IP protocol, SMTP, DNS, DHCP and WINS)
• Industry certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Security, CCIE) preferred.
• Preferred experience with Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with end-users, peers, managers and vendors.
• Responsible for working with and across multiple functional IT areas, including Mid-range and Enterprise Hosting Solutions, SAN, LAN Hosting Communications and Production Integration.
• Sensitive to confidential information.
• Ability to pull and analyze data for helping drive continual operational improvement.
• Works independently and as a member of team.
• Able to travel up to 20% if required.
• Must have demonstrated project experience with large-scale network, server, virtualization, cloud, storage, and\or infrastructure services implementations.
• Strong product, service, and vendor knowledge.
• Knowledge KPI’s, and forecasting (demand management).
• Experience working with insourced and outsourced IT Operations.