Position: Product Owner
Status: Permanent Full Time OR Long-Term Contract
Compensation: 80-145k/ yr for permanent role / 70-100/hr for contract roles (based on the experience)
Bonuses: Attractive Profit Sharing Plan, Company-Paid courses and training
Location: Remote during Covid-19, will eventually switch to Hybrid (remote/Markham)
Our client is a software development and consulting firm exceptionally skilled at designing and developing scalable, enterprise-class, high-availability, on premise and cloud native applications, leveraging modern DevOps processes. We are a successful, privately held, Markham-based company, celebrating more than 30 years of business supporting brand-recognizable customers.
We are looking for an energetic, results-oriented individual, who excels in a team-oriented environment, and who plays an integral role in the delivery of scrum teamwork. A team player experienced in Agile who is a networker, thrives on challenges, is curious, questioning, and innovative. We have an opening for an individual with intermediate to senior level skills looking for either fulltime employment or a contract relationship to be a product owner supporting multiple scrum teams..
As a member of our development scrum team, you will:
- Act as bridge between product strategy and development.
- Facilitate the translation of business strategy into action plans, create and prioritize user stories creating value for the business.
- Create a value-focused product backlog and continuously iterate, ensuring there are user stories scoped and prioritized.
- Create user stories including acceptance criteria that clearly articulates requirements and priorities, ensuring they meet the definition of ready (DOR) and are sprint ready on time.
- Ensure that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the teams will work during the Program Iteration.
- Learn the market and customers’ needs and working with clients’ Product Owners and Product Strategists to co-create business strategy.
- Be the primary source for scope definition and priority, apply incremental delivery principles to working practices, drive the delivery of value through the teams; elicit feedback and enable stakeholder reviews for validation in the process.
- Participate/facilitate Product Increment planning, Sprint planning and be the primary contact for the delivery team for information, work prioritization, and decision making. Act as an expert in product development and innovation.
- Approve each feature and provide valuable feedback to the team.
- Inform and influence stakeholders of the initiative's progress and solution status, effectively sharing the product vision and complex situations.
- Always be considering how to maximize value, assessing how the product or the delivery process can be continuously improved, contributes to a fair, positive, and equitable environment that supports a diverse workforce, and ensures that work embodies the Agile principles of transparency, collaboration, and engagement. Optimizes the value of the delivery scrum teams work.
- Actively recommend, implement, and promote ways to improve our value proposition, improve processes and standards, apply best practices, streamline, and integrate technological processes and/or systems, and eliminate repetitive work.
- Contribute to teams’ development of skills and capabilities through mentorship of others and act as a scrum Ambassador, by sharing knowledge and experiences and leveraging best practices.
- Lead, motivate and develop relationships with internal and external business partners / stakeholders to develop productive working relationships.
Technologies and Tools we use:
- Jira, Miro, Mural • SOAPUI, Selenium, JEST, Cypress
We are looking for someone with:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- Enthusiastic, thorough, and results-oriented
- Ability and desire to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment and capable of organizing and motivating teams to succeed in Agile environment
- Excellent delivery skills, with proven work experience participating in cross-functional teams with strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages.
- Ability to influence a diverse group of SMEs and key stakeholders with strong leadership skills with decision making capabilities
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress
- A drive for collective success, who knows that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision
- Proactive, organized, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience building effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders to ensure alignment
- Flexibility in working with different technologies, components, sales channels, and business requirements from sprint to sprint
- CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner), CSM (Certified Scrum Master) or other relevant business analysis certification is a plus
- Experience with SAFE® is an asset
- Experience with telecommunication companies is a distinct advantage
- Experience in Behavior Driven Development is a plus
Agile Staffing is an Information Technology Recruitment firm with an ever-growing list of clients across North America. Our success comes from establishing strong partnerships with our clients, delivering service with integrity and adapting continuously to the evolving recruitment world. We continue to explore and integrate the latest recruitment processes and technology to ensure we find the best talent for our clients. Our talented Recruitment team of takes pride in their work and are passionate about connecting great resources to great employers.