Position: DevOps Engineers (x2)
Location: Markham (1-2 days in office, Hybrid)
Status: Permanent OR long-term Contract
Pay Rate: $90-130K/annum for Permanent OR $60 to $110/hour depending on experience
Our client is an established Software Solutions and Professional Services organization that has been providing enterprise-level services for over 30 years! They are growing multiple development teams and looking for DevOps professionals to support their projects with a major Telecommunications client
• Support multiple delivery scrum teams on how to monitor components effectively and efficiently, define relevant SLOs and SLIs, and ensuring teams are meeting their service SLAs.
• Assist delivery scrum teams to rapidly deliver business value by improving DORA metrics through DevOps best practices.
• Understand the mission of delivery scrum teams then assisting the delivery scrum teams to deliver high availability, reliable components.
• Identify toil and recommend improvements in processes and enabling technologies.
• Support delivery scrum teams to have effective build verification including test automation and performance test coverage.
• Define relevant telemetry to support operational monitoring and alerting.
• Assist delivery scrum teams during production issues as well as postmortem and resolution support.
• Improve continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
• Share DevOps knowledge across the teams by providing regular training session to scrum teams.
• Mentor/lead less experienced people.
• Opportunity to participate in component modernization projects.
Technologies and Tools Used in the Environment:
• Codespace, Docker, GitHub Workflow
• Postman, Selenium, Jest, Cypress
• Terraform, Kubernetes
• Java, Spring Boot, Node.JS, TypeScript
• GCP Certification(s). Cloud DevOps Engineer is a plus
• JIRA, Mural
• A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
• Minimum of three years of GCP DevOps engineering experience.
• GCP Certification(s). Cloud DevOps Engineer is a plus.
• Strong understanding of GCP IAM role.
• Strong knowledge of GCP services and infrastructure i.e., Cloud monitoring, Cloud SQL, VPC, Cloud storage
• Effective and persuasive English communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as diagrams.
• The ideal candidate will have a solid background in DevOps work experiences and working with developers and engineers to established DevOps processes in automation, CI/CD pipeline, and monitoring.
• Proactive, organized, excellent research skills. excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience handling production issues.
• Ability to work well independently, as well as within a team.
• A drive for collective success, who knows that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision.
• A reputation for focusing on goals, quality, timelines, and overcoming challenges.
• A reputation for embracing and championing change.
• A curious nature and interest in self-improvement, as demonstrated through ongoing investment in essential and technical skills.
What the company has to Offer:
• Industry competitive salaries, great health and wellness benefits, paid vacation.
• Participation in the financial success of the company (profit sharing).
• A team committed to continuous improvement and excellence.
Agile Staffing is an Information Technology Recruitment firm with an ever-growing list of clients across North America. Our success comes from establishing strong partnerships with our clients, delivering service with integrity and adapting continuously to the evolving recruitment world. We continue to explore and integrate the latest recruitment processes and technology to ensure we find the best talent for our clients. Our talented Recruitment team of takes pride in their work and are passionate about connecting great resources to great employers.