Position: LVN/LPN - Health Advisor
Status: Temporary, Full Time (6 month contract with expected extensions to 1+ year)
Hours: 40 hours per week 11 am-7:30pm Monday through Friday, 30-minute, unpaid lunch
Location: Many locations available across the USA!
Pay: $25 to $35 USD per hour, Health Benefits, 401K, Vacation, Holiday and Sick Pay
- Provides advisory services to customers and caregivers on how to manage any health conditions they are experiencing as part of in-store advisory initiatives. The primary goal is to ensure the successful utilization of in-store advisory initiatives.
- Works alongside Advisors and other staff.
- Addresses health-related questions posed by the customer and provides educational material and information, and as necessary, referring the customer to the appropriate clinical provider.
- Provides training to Health Corner Advisors on existing diagnostic devices and instruct them on the proper use and setup. Handles escalation and assistance with complex customer needs/questions and solutions. Provide adoption of existing products and services that complement customer care, and refer them to other resources, services, and potential solutions related to their condition.
- This role will serve as lead role in escalated healthcare assistance and advice but will not diagnose or prescribe therapy for the customer based on their condition.
- Practices within the scope of practice of professional licensing body and/or scope defined by company.
- Oversee In-store Advisory activities and provide both in-store and online diagnostic devices and solutions
- Assist with proper use of devices to all customers
- Performs gap closure activity as outlined, and escalates issues as needed
- Effectively communicates with agency staff, liaisons, other Care Facility staff, patients, and family/caregiver
- Manages Time effectively to deliver accurate and appropriate patient care
- Maintains Confidentiality of patient and proprietary information
- Maintains a professional image
- Participates and attends required in services
- Active license by State Board of Professional Regulations
- At least two years experience as an LPN/LVN providing nursing care. Self-directed with excellent time management skills and able to work independently as well as under the supervision of a registered nurse or other clinician
- Flexibility and the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with team members, patients, caregivers, physicians and referral sources
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Comfortable with digital technologies such as website forms, mobile applications, PC/tablet systems, and in-store systems and connected healthcare devices
- Ability to work under stressful conditions
- Ability to get to the job site
Bonus Skills and Experiences:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Two years of experience working in a retail/clinic environment; prior knowledge of local health care systems and health plans
Agile Staffing is a leading Recruitment firm with an ever-growing list of clients across North America. Our success comes from establishing strong partnerships with our clients, delivering service with integrity, and adapting continuously to the evolving recruitment world. We continue to explore and integrate the latest recruitment processes and technology to ensure we find the best talent for our clients. Our talented Recruitment team takes pride in their work and is passionate about connecting great resources to great employers.