Position: Software Team Lead
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Concord, Ontario (Hybrid: 3 days in office/week)
Salary: 130-150K/annum depending on experience
Our client is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of world-class water features and fountain systems. We’re seeking an experienced Software Team Lead to guide a team of 2-4 in-house and near-shore developers in continuously improving and modernizing a range of software and applications. Under the direction of the CTO, this role will provide day-to-day leadership as well as hands-on development.
Software Team Leadership
• Assume responsibility for maintenance and support of in-house applications.
• Monitor, triage and assign tickets for investigation.
• Perform day-to-day tasking of the software team.
• Escalate issues to the CTO as necessary.
• Provide initial point-of-contact to employees seeking assistance with in-house applications.
• Work closely with the development team and stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely delivery of projects.
• Prepare status reports for distribution to company executives.
• In conjunction with the CTO, establish, monitor, and respond to suitable metrics for code quality and software team performance.
• Assist developers in investigating and resolving software issues as necessary.
• Provide input to CTO and Human Resources during employment performance reviews.
• In partnership with the CTO, build a team culture of shared ownership, responsibility, and commitment to quality that aligns with company’s overall cultural values (refer to Crystal’s Blue Book)
• Establish and ensure standards for automated testing are followed.
• Ensure that documentation is created and updated in the standard course of development activities.
• In partnership with the CTO:
o Establish software architecture and design for future in-house application development.
o Establish a plan for application migration to the new architecture.
• Establish and maintain technical competency in relevant software technologies (DMX programming, Unreal Engine, ERP/PLM, Digital Twin, etc.)
• Recommend technologies and libraries for consideration in Company’s development activities.
• Create prototype proof-of-concepts and spike solutions.
• Execute day-to-day coding and testing responsibilities as a member of the software implementation team.
• Provide backup support to the Finance department’s Information and Data Lead in troubleshooting/configuring Company’s ERP system as necessary.
• Additional tasking as may be required by CTO
• Support the CTO with business analyst / IT analyst responsibilities as needed.
• Undertake such further and other duties as may be necessary and/or desirable to effectively carry out these duties and responsibilities.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
To be successful in this role, the employee should have these competencies:
• University degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
• Deep understanding of developing Java desktop and web applications using J2EE technologies (JPA, EJB, Swing, JSP, JMS)
• Experience integrating custom code with off-the-shelf business or engineering applications.
Prior competency in these areas would be helpful, or must be developed on the job:
• UI development with Google Web Toolkit
• UI development with ReactJS
• Kotlin and TypeScript programming languages
• Spring Framework
• Physical system simulation with Unreal Engine
• Digital Twin technologies
Agile Staffing is a leading Recruitment firm with an ever-growing list of clients across North America. Our success comes from establishing strong partnerships with our clients, delivering service with integrity, and adapting continuously to the evolving recruitment world. We continue to explore and integrate the latest recruitment processes and technology to ensure we find the best talent for our clients. Our talented Recruitment team takes pride in their work and is passionate about connecting great resources to great employers