Currently we are looking for experienced Truss & Posi Joist Designer for leading timber engineering solutions designer, manufacturer & supplier in Ireland.
Our client was established in 1997 and over that period of time, they have developed expertise in off-site construction. They have extensive experience in manufacturing & delivering design-engineered products to clients both nationally and internationally and are committed to the assurance of quality in design, manufacture, and on-site.
Will be responsible for the design of Timber Frame House, Posi Joists and Trusses in accordance with Irish building regulations.
They will be:
- Experienced in the design of timber frame houses.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCad.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Suite.
- Degree qualified (architectural technology).
- Construction experienced.
- Understand metal web engineered joists and roof trusses and the design of same.
- Experienced with Mitek and WoodEngine design pplatforms.
- Able to adapt to new software packages as the business requires.
- Able to work as part of a team but also can work on own initiative.
- Able to converse confidently with customers and acrhitects and understand the needs and adapt during the design stage.
- Have the ability to produce excellent plans/sections and elevations during approval stage.
- Understand the timber frame structural design and to incorporate same into the production drawings.
- Understand all component parts used during both design and erection stage on site.
- Produce site drawings for erecting.
- Be a Team player – adapt and work as part of an established design office.
- Have knowledge of current building regulations especially Part B and IS440 - advantage.
- Understand steel component parts and the detailed fabrication drawings for any steel requirements which need to incorporated into the timber frame design.
- Take on a project from sales and carry out all aspects of the project through to completion (deal directly with customer, produce approval drawings, understanding of importance to have full sign-off prior to carrying out production drawings, produce manufacturing drawings, picking lists, steel fab drawings, awareness of cost control, site drawings, answer any questions from site erectors).
- Work to deadlines.
Further details of the role are as follows:
- Will support the planning and scheduling of sales, design and manufacturing in a planned and efficient manner ensuring maximum business productivity.
- Will report daily in a pro-active manner any issues or concerns with the sales and design program that could have an impact on customer orders.
- Will ensure all designs are completed daily and status updates daily to our technology platform for efficient and accurate reporting against KPI metrics.
- Will work closely with senior leadership to deliver best-in-class design, team management, and business target achievement.
- Will support the entire team, and the governance of both internal communication and performance management.
- Will be responsible for training new and existing employees on design, and in any compliance and business processes and procedures.
- Will be at the heart of the sales and design team, working alongside the production and planning, you will provide invaluable help in supporting our customers.
- Will be accountable for internal and external communication such as daily huddles, weekly meeting, and design reports.
- Will take responsibility for the quality of your Team’s work, and proactively encourage best practice behavious in health, safety and environmental on a day to day basis.
- Will adhere to the Company Safety Statement, safety rules and regulations.
- At all times wear appropriate PPE including but not limited to branded and supplied safety garments.
- Will follow safe systems of work, taking reasonable care of their own health and safety, and that of others. Eliminating or reducing risks where practicable by complying with safety rules and instructions and reporting hazards to management for prompt action.
- Will seek to find continuous improvements and sustainability opportunities and implement them to improve performance.
- Be an ambassador through exceptional performance, positive values and behaviors, insightful investigations, clear communications and collaborative team development.
- Any other issues or duties that may come up that is not covered in this Job Description but are required to meet the needs of the business.
- Ensure robust governance of Sales and design and provide ambition and commitment to the business. Be an enabler to success.
If you think you are the right person for this job, please contact Katarzyna Wojtala at email@example.com